Mod Ideas - Lagoon

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

Demented

Re: Mod Ideas - Lagoon

Post by Demented »

You should talk with Wraith about that, or maybe he will shed some light on that in here. I know he has recently stopped trying to keep up some of his mods because so many things were changed that he would have to completely rework his texture assignments and layouts and decided it's just not worth it anymore. I think he found it would be more efficient to make new mods than to fix the ones that no longer work. :(
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Sad to hear that! :(
And the community is not big enough, to motivate the modders or the platform is to inconstant.

It looks like, the TextureModding period is over for now and now is the Period of User created Items, Track Parts and so on...

But there where so nice Mods out there. Really sad to see them not in use anymore.

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
Demented

Post by Demented »

Yes, true at the moment, but who knows what the future holds. Maybe something new and better.
I think the goal for Nadeo is to have sort of a "Game Creation Kit" for Racing, Shooter and maybe even Quest games.
I feel that Trackmania, even as it is, is by far the best Racing Map creation game there is.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
wraith

Post by wraith »

Hello guys
for null8fuenf10 keeping mods upto is a bit of waste of time, as everyone texture you make would have to be updated as well, why there no mods right now the mp4 update kind of messed things up for modders, some of the textures have been mirrored in places where kind of does not work as good as we hoped do not get me wrong, there ways to hide things.
i will not give up on things that easy but making mods for tm is at the back of my head right now, like demented said i been messing around with custom items with some help from demented i have got a flat grid pattern i can make just like modding, but i am planning to make the grid pattern to bend twist fold on its self.

bit off topic there "sorry"
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

Yes MP4 changes was a difficult turn for mods. Especially for Valley with new "mountains blocks". You don't have to rework everything, just some textures (which broke also some items) and maybe to adapt mods because of new blocks made with old textures. No fun here :( . Of course you can also mod new textures specially made for new blocks. More work for this part, but more fun :D

It's not more difficult to made mods now than before (since Stadium and 3 files by texture). But a big challenge is mod size (many files) especially if you want to make a title pack. I've ever tried to change at maximum the atmosphere created by a mod but with less as possible new textures.

Some mods aren't useful now. For example, better than a jungle mod in Valley i imagine you can play in Lagoon with the Valley car. Of course I'm only talkinbg about realistic mods.

About realistic mod in Lagoon, I think it's the most difficult environnement. Tropical trees, are nice in tropicals atmosphere. But would be difficult to transport anywhere (with snow and ice for example). So I think to personnalise lagoon the best solution is Items and maybe with a small mod.

Just my two cents ;)
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

wraith wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 00:55 Hello guys
for null8fuenf10 keeping mods upto is a bit of waste of time, as everyone texture you make would have to be updated as well, why there no mods right now the mp4 update kind of messed things up for modders, some of the textures have been mirrored in places where kind of does not work as good as we hoped do not get me wrong, there ways to hide things.
i will not give up on things that easy but making mods for tm is at the back of my head right now, like demented said i been messing around with custom items with some help from demented i have got a flat grid pattern i can make just like modding, but i am planning to make the grid pattern to bend twist fold on its self.

bit off topic there "sorry"
Sad to here, that things are this complicated. :(
But you do a great job wraith, with your custom items and the tracks you builded! It's something different, to many others.
You have your own vision and i love to race on your tracks! :1010
(But i can't finish your TitlePack, cause i'm getting stucked on scavfans B3 BlackTrack. :oops: :evil: )

meuh21 wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 12:39 ...
Some mods aren't useful now. For example, better than a jungle mod in Valley i imagine you can play in Lagoon with the Valley car. Of course I'm only talkinbg about realistic mods.
Yeah, but its not the Valley feeling, when you play with ValleyCar on Lagoon Tracks. Cause the Blocks are more optimized for the Lagoon Car.
meuh21 wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 12:39 About realistic mod in Lagoon, I think it's the most difficult environnement. Tropical trees, are nice in tropicals atmosphere. But would be difficult to transport anywhere (with snow and ice for example). So I think to personnalise lagoon the best solution is Items and maybe with a small mod.
But with the right Mod Ideas, like this in my first post (Pirates and Sonic), the Mod would fit perfectly to the Envi!

The thing i loved about mods, is that it changed the look and feel of a well known Enviroment!

For me personally, i'm quickly getting bored, cause the 4 Enviroments, give me not enough variety.
It looks always the same, you know every Block, especially when you play longer time!
Ok, now its a bit better cause peoples do many great things, with the Item and Mesh Editors. :clap:

But at any time, Enviroment Mods gave me a fresh feeling of a well known game. 8-) :mrgreen:
I loved to drive on SuperMario styled tracks, in Stadium and Valley, to drive on an Egypt Style or a realistic Jungle Mod in Canyon, and so on and on...!

Not the boring Canyon feeling, cause lack of colourfull Enviroment! But not only Canyon, also Lagoon Envi is boring me. :oops:
Only Stadium and Valley, are not this boring for me, but loved mods on this Envis, too! :pil

By the way, anyone knows which mods are working in MP4 or none of the old Mods will work?

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”