SMURFS CELEBRATE THEIR 10TH ANNIVERSARY!

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

HaagseSmurf

SMURFS CELEBRATE THEIR 10TH ANNIVERSARY!

Post by HaagseSmurf »

It's today (1-6-2018) 10 years ago Lolsmurf and me started Smurfen.net. :yes:
We started our first server in TMNF and we were amazed by this awesome TM community.

I never, ever expected we would still be alive and kicking for such a long time.
With loads and loads of smurfscups, smurfservers and above all loads of SmurfFun with a lot of new friends in the great world of NADEO!

Thanks to you, all Smurfs and Smurf-friends for an awesome 10 years of Smurfhistory. :clap:
I really hope we keep on going a long long time with our great community!

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
nighthawk4571

Re: SMURFS CELEBRATE THEIR 10TH ANNIVERSARY!

Post by nighthawk4571 »

To my friend Haagse and Smurfs everywhere,

My congratulations on not only surviving for so long, but on thriving like no other Trackmania/ Maniaplanet gang has!

My own TM clan, Zedex Degrees, lasted over six years, mostly in the TMUF era, so I have some idea how you guys (Smurfs) must be feeling as you celebrate. My 'newer' mates in Bag Racing kicked off around 2006/7 but have all grown old, lost their interest (or their marbles) and although the name persists with one or two of us, our best times are behind us.

I trust your best times are yet to come, which means more fun for Smurf fans as well.

Good on you! ... :1010 :pop: :3 ... :yes: :clap: ____ :pil
Last edited by nighthawk4571 on 03 Jun 2018, 22:39, edited 3 times in total.
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hey a very very Happy Birthday to all smurfs members and Smurfs friends ^_^
Let's celebrate stories, friendships, fun cups that have been created to your contact :D :D
I wish you to keep on living great times :yes:

Will you organize a meeting to celebrate the 10th Anniversary?

Cheers to all Smurfs members and Smurfs friends :3 :3
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

:1010
(the most appropriate emoticon)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Thank you all so much for these kind words, thats exactly why we love this community so much! :thx:
Alinoa wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 08:36 Will you organize a meeting to celebrate the 10th Anniversary?
Yes we will organize an open meeting for our 10th Anniversary somewhere in September :D

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Woah, that's awesome! Congrats!! :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

congrats Smurfs :3
You are since longer time one major, if not the institution with respect to Maniaplanet cups.
Keep running and driving :yes: :pil
Martelprod

Post by Martelprod »

Happy birthday :yes:
Any help/request about SRE title, NRL races, NRL ROC, NRL Events.....
=> nrltracks@live.fr

http://www.tm-nascar.com
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

10 years are a very long time. Especially for an online community. Not many communities stay active for such a long time and that's something we can be proud of. Not just the Smurfs but also our friends, that surround and support us.

I've been a Smurf for 3 1/2 years now, which is a long time as such but yet only a small part of the Smurfen history. I enjoyed the time a lot tho and would call the Smurfs an important part of my life. Joining this community was one of the best decisions I have ever made for sure and I'm very thankfull and hounored to be able to call myself a Smurf.

When members of the ManiaPlanet community think about the Smurfs, most will think about the SmurfsCups first. For a good reason. 306 Canyon Cups, 239 Royal Cups and 111 Valley Cups are an impressive achievement and we're not tired yet. On top we are going to host the Smurfen Canyon League soon as well which is going to replace the Canyon ESL.
But that's not all. There are many video editors in the Smurfen community like Snowflakesfilms, Stringers and one of our newest Smurfs timania. Adamkooo2 has his own titlepack. Toffe created Pyplanet and Stephen and woolookologie making thier own music. All this are just a few examples of all the talented Members the Smurfs have, but there are many more.
Most important for me is the community as such and the companionship thought. I found so many great friends over the past years and I don't want to miss a single one. Just having a great time and a lot of fun with the Smurfs on voice channels or text channels is the best thing this community has given to me! :)

In the end I cannot post this without dedicate one part to our Leader Haagse! He's not just one of the two founders but also passionate Leader of the Smurfs through all this 10 years! I belive without him we would not be at the point where we are now and his dedication requires an extra gratitude! He is the reason why many players joined the Smurfs but also why so many stayed in the community and why everyone is having so much fun being a part of the Smurfs.
Thanks Haagse! 10 years Smurfs are your achievement! :thx:
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”