Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

i7mean

Re: Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Post by i7mean »

OrecaShadow wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 14:28 Uhhh now you you told us that you are hard working on the next thing.

I suppose questmania :3
god i cant wait to see anything from it. So many thoughts,.... what kind of genre, what kind of scenery, what are we again able to do.
Since ever heard about it, i thought of some fantasy dungeon stuff in which you are able to create levels yourself with placing monsters, traps, etc and then group up with people to player others dungeons and levels
Press (X) to doubt
Demented

Post by Demented »

So, does that mean no Trackmania²/MP4 updates until September/October also?
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

The "big project" is not necessarily something related to Maniaplanet, it could be a totally different game done for Ubisoft.
Since Hylis did not tell anything about it, it could be really anything... And we here in the forum will be the last to get news, as usual :oops:
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Hopefully not Turbo², TM³, MP² or SM²

Don't leave us alone with MP pls
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

It could be a Shootmania clone for consoles (what they did with Turbo for TM).
But as always, wait and see... :pop:
hackie

Post by hackie »

I still don't get it , this could be already a awesome game if it was finished, if al the bugs were fixed or other stuff that doesn't work as it should be.
So why do we need something new then ?
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
Miss

Post by Miss »

hackie wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 16:16 I still don't get it , this could be already a awesome game if it was finished, if al the bugs were fixed or other stuff that doesn't work as it should be.
So why do we need something new then ?
In game development, especially something on an online scale like ManiaPlanet, nothing is ever "finished". This is like saying that Blizzard is not allowed to make new games because World of Warcraft has a few bugs.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

@TMarc,

I can see that you are getting kinda desperate about the decline of this forum. I share it but.. times change :cry:

Anyways. Remember that having information about an upcoming event won't surely satisfy you in the long-term. If the desired product (the update, the big project) isn't good at all and you expected too much (like we did with Mp4), then we are sad as well. What matters is the end-product, not the pre-information. It's like a kid knows what he gets at christmas but when finally he sees it, he can be disappointed as well. There is no guarantee
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

The bigger things are about MP, TM & SM. Our goal is to both do improvements and have key releases.

Demented, we expect to release Chase Attack at the end of the month. Maybe check what we could put in the branch but I doubt. I becomes difficult to do update. This is why we will connect to the trunk in September beta.

Hackie, I agree that the game is potentially awesome and could benefit from making more solid what exists. And this is why we will do update. However, it is also important to do bigger steps. Like I said, they will be done on top of the updates, so nothing loss. It should be good times when we resume.

See you
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Hylis wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:14 The bigger things are about MP, TM & SM. Our goal is to both do improvements and have key releases.

Demented, we expect to release Chase Attack at the end of the month. Maybe check what we could put in the branch but I doubt. I becomes difficult to do update. This is why we will connect to the trunk in September beta.

Hackie, I agree that the game is potentially awesome and could benefit from making more solid what exists. And this is why we will do update. However, it is also important to do bigger steps. Like I said, they will be done on top of the updates, so nothing loss. It should be good times when we resume.

See you
Good to see that you are still so motivated, or how to call it ^^
Can you tell us, when you will come with more information? More than a year has passed since we've got the last big info, and skipping 2 Hello Planet posts is a big step. I always was happy to see a regular post every year teasing new stuff or ideas, but experiencing nothing for 2 years is kind of disappointing.

I remember when you sent some images/videos earlier before the preview started, where we could see some MP4 features (like the car in SM), but even that stopped. I understand your point if you are going to have a big project like Turbo again, where leaking would be really bad.

Do you see a future for QM? I see it mentioned less, but the MP4 website is still including the logo and a subsite. Is it meant to be like a running gag or did you include that because it has a future?
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”