Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

Miss

Re: Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Post by Miss »

Soprah wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:04 Please don't rework the UI AGAIN

It's a waste of resources. I simply can't understand why people think that the UI is so bad. It has improved sooo much. Yes, it has some flaws and I would like to have a more simpler, clean product... but just by thinking of "overhauling the entire UI", I just imagine the huge amount of work behind this. This time can be used for other more important stuff! For example Shootmania Cryo :mrgreen:
The UI needs to be reworked, badly. It's incredibly inconsistent right now, across multiple places in ManiaPlanet.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

I see thruth in both answers there. Yes the UI feels broken and no it's not that complexe for some of the basic stuff : play a solo campaign & join a server. If you got out of these roads and look for a clean way to party, you are not going to find it. And yes, reworking the UI is a lot of work that does not add features.

At the moment, we still expect to do it, but more importantly we want to improve the way we do it. This is why we look for somebody full time to do the UI system for script internally in order to provide the best solution for both us and players. The Dear Imgui maker is a friend of mine, and it's funny because we both use the same back end system we use with Miss in our project. In fact many studios use it. We had some talks to try to determine what would be best and that's going to take some time to reach there. I believe that once we have a better UI system, it will be less of a burden to make a rework without losing the precious time that Soprah is talking about. Meanwhile, keep in mind that if we do a Cryo that it is not the same guy that work on both, and this is why it's cool to know that there is 14 new team members that arrived this year at the studio. It takes us a big share of our time to welcome and create the best development environment for them, but it feels that it will be really, really positive on the longer run.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Hylis wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:39 Meanwhile, keep in mind that if we do a Cryo that it is not the same guy that work on both [...]
What exactly do you mean with Cryo? I couldn't find a proper definition so I suppose you mean an environment title? (ShootMania Cryo?)

BTW, thank you for being so communicative lately.. It gives more motivation to believe in this game and the developers (even at this "weak" time?)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Flo, really, you should use the forum search first, and not bother da boss with such questions :lol:
E.g. see here, from 2010 already: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48&p=328&hilit=Cryo#p328
Miss

Post by Miss »

Hylis wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:39This is why we look for somebody full time to do the UI system for script internally in order to provide the best solution for both us and players. The Dear Imgui maker is a friend of mine, and it's funny because we both use the same back end system we use with Miss in our project.
Does this imply you'll hire / have hired Omar? :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

TMarc wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 17:13 Flo, really, you should use the forum search first, and not bother da boss with such questions :lol:
E.g. see here, from 2010 already: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48&p=328&hilit=Cryo#p328
I know^^ I've heared about Cryo already and we all have seen the images from one of the early teasers. I was just curious, since Hylis didn't want to talk about upcoming environments when he was asked about this lately. I'm more surprised that he is saying it by the way without a direct question. Though I guess there is no other meaning, so it might be the envi :P
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

But it was there, just at the page before:
Soprah wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:04This time can be used for other more important stuff! For example Shootmania Cryo :mrgreen:
hackie

Post by hackie »

Nadeo should hire our Dommy :D :thumbsup:
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Miss wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:10
Soprah wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:04 Please don't rework the UI AGAIN

It's a waste of resources. I simply can't understand why people think that the UI is so bad. It has improved sooo much. Yes, it has some flaws and I would like to have a more simpler, clean product... but just by thinking of "overhauling the entire UI", I just imagine the huge amount of work behind this. This time can be used for other more important stuff! For example Shootmania Cryo :mrgreen:
The UI needs to be reworked, badly. It's incredibly inconsistent right now, across multiple places in ManiaPlanet.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44185
Please tell me why in this topic :thumbsup:

@Hylis,
Yes. Time is the biggest enemy. I agree to 1000%. It's nice to see that you are improving on the road. Btw: What is "imgui maker"?
McBain

Post by McBain »

Sorry i have to say that this thread made me a bit angry because it feels like the discussion going in circles (again) because we all try to understand the words of our oracle hylis and hylis seems to say only we are alive.

For my nerves it will be better to wait when more information comes because before it will be just an endless list of misunderstandings. This thread is already full of them for me.

I really hope it will fix the problem of too less players (image of rigth now). Btw: I dont miss many fancy features but the feeling that something real new is coming:

http://imgur.com/a/pT1v6xD

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”