Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Post by Florenzius »

Hey there,

I am curious if there will bere a Hello Planet #8 after #7 was cancelled. It would be extremely nice to get more news soon as everything became quite silent lately.

I hope for an answer. Thanks :thx:
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Post by Dommy »

We should add some sort of likes / votes system to the forum - tons of posts like this will follow:

+1

Actually a poll with one option selectable would do the job too, lol.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

It's easy to ask but not easy to understand. I would be fine if there wouldn't be a HelloPlanet. If Hylis/Nadeo doesn't feel comfortable with publishing new stuff, then I can understand it. Nothing is worse than doing a step without feeling okay of doing this step.

After all these years of asking for news, I came to the conclusion that it's pointless. Don't let the desire of news be your center, let your passion of this game be your center. Just keep playing, creating or whatever and one day there might be some news. :thumbsup:

I know that you just asked if there is going to be a HP#8 but this thought came straight to my head and I had this inner desire to share it xD
Miss

Post by Miss »

7 was canceled?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Miss wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 17:087 was canceled?
Yep. I can't quote Hylis right now but I think he said that there is just nothing important to show atm (Mid 2017)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Miss

Post by Miss »

Would be strange to skip 7 all together then. :P
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Soprah wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 16:55 It's easy to ask but not easy to understand. I would be fine if there wouldn't be a HelloPlanet. If Hylis/Nadeo doesn't feel comfortable with publishing new stuff, then I can understand it. Nothing is worse than doing a step without feeling okay of doing this step.

After all these years of asking for news, I came to the conclusion that it's pointless. Don't let the desire of news be your center, let your passion of this game be your center. Just keep playing, creating or whatever and one day there might be some news. :thumbsup:

I know that you just asked if there is going to be a HP#8 but this thought came straight to my head and I had this inner desire to share it xD
Yeah but it's not like they were giving news every months before that you know.. Last thing we got was a "i don't want to say what, but something big is coming" and it was MONTHS ago. And before this, we also had to wait for months to get something exciting us a bit
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

True that June have been the traditional month of the Hello Planet. This year again, we are too far from major release to do something.

The only thing I can say is that we want to resume with updates around the end of September, with a closed beta two/three weeks before. It will just be about starting again the update and nothing big to be released. The goal is to try to improve many things incrementally with around 10 people at the studio, while the others focus more on the big project. This way, we want to improve as much as possible what is existing before adding on top the work we started some time ago.

All of this surely seems slow from the outside. From the inside as well even if there are really good reasons, like improving the architectures to become even more agile and welcoming new people. The good thing is that you will probably like a lot the work of these new team members! Yes, there are now structs in the script ^_^

It was just a little hello to say that we are always here and that we know that you are, and that we dearly want to connect again.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Hylis wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 21:43Yes, there are now structs in the script ^_^
I fixed the size tag for you, there we go.. :o :o :o :1010 :1010
I also stream and tweet.
OrecaShadow

Post by OrecaShadow »

Uhhh now you you told us that you are hard working on the next thing.

I suppose questmania :3
god i cant wait to see anything from it. So many thoughts,.... what kind of genre, what kind of scenery, what are we again able to do.
Since ever heard about it, i thought of some fantasy dungeon stuff in which you are able to create levels yourself with placing monsters, traps, etc and then group up with people to player others dungeons and levels

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”