Votes in Channels

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

Derfuhr

Votes in Channels

Post by Derfuhr »

Hi,

i think the Votings(5 Stars Voting) in the Channels should not only have positive optional possibility. Yes or no is ok, but sometimes is a 5 Star rating. If i really don't like a map, why i should give them 1 Star? Ok, the rating goes down, but i don't like the map. If i do not Vote, i can't tell you, i don't like it. Please make it possible to say explizit 0 Stars or a negative numbers of Stars.

Regards Derfuhr(aka ClumsySmurf)
Miss

Re: Votes in Channels

Post by Miss »

I think they should've never switched it to stars and kept it at Like/Dislike. :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Derfuhr

Re: Votes in Channels

Post by Derfuhr »

I like the Star-Votes, because a little bit more precision. It can make it easier to filter out maps, which the players don't like much (like 1 or 2 stars). Some maps are ok, some good, some awesome,(or a bit bad, more bad, worst case) so can the players better tell what they think about a map. When a new TM would comes out, it needs new maps for solo-mode, so can nadeo use this data and see what the players really likes. When a players make a request for a channel, nadeo can better estimate if this type is a good idea, or maps are this what players like. Especially the channels are important to convince undecided buyers, the more fun there is on awesome good Maps, the more likely a purchase.

Good for Nadeo, good for players.

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”