ManiaPlanet video batch

All the medias created by the community.

Moderator: English Moderator

sprint

ManiaPlanet video batch

Post by sprint »

Hello everyone,
Valley is about to be released this afternoon and i want to share a cool trick for the moviemakers.
Are you tired of waiting your video rendering to be done in the MediaTracker? I'm sure you wished many times that it could be great to render many video clips while you're sleeping.

Thanks to the video batch command, you can render several replays in a row.

The command is "/shootvideo=yourclip1.Replay.Gbx;yourclip2.Replay.Gbx;yourclip3.Replay.Gbx;"
Place it just after the ManiaPlanet.exe. To make it easier, i suggest you to create a batch file.

Example:

Code: Select all

Maniaplanet.exe /login=yourlogin /shootvideo=yourclip1.Replay.Gbx;yourclip2.Replay.Gbx;yourclip3.Replay.Gbx;
Just make sure you target the "ManiaPlanet.exe" file. My batch file is in the ManiaPlanet installation folder, then i just wrote the executable file name.

/!\Very important/!\
The replays you need to render must be placed in the Replay root folder. For instance : C:\your_windows_session\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Replay\

The character string is limited. Then it's not possible to launch 3698 clips in a row. Especially if your replay file names are too long. I suggest your to limit it to two characters as a numeric suite: 01.Replay.Gbx;02.Replay.Gbx; ...
Make sure you finish your command line by a ";"

Launch it!
This is it! Save your batch file and double click on it. ManiaPlanet will launch and the video rendering dialog box will appear. Keep it mind that the settings you choose will be applied to all the replays that will be rendered. (depth of field, fps, resolution, antialias, ...)

:idea: (Not so) Pro tip: max out your graphic settings in the launcher, don't forget to set the lightmap computing at the maximum too. Save your profile for your next rendering sessions.

Enjoy and save some precious sleep hours! Have fun on TrackMania² Valley, i can't wait to see you video editings and your best times.
See you online :pop:
dreadofmondays

Re: ManiaPlanet video batch

Post by dreadofmondays »

I have trouble with the batch file! When I record my videos with it, I cannot select any of the reflect options, and the bloom in the rendered video flickers around in a really distracting way! Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H84p0bsK5WQ
When I record my videos one at a time through the mediatracker, they work fine.
Is there a solution?
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

dreadofmondays wrote:I have trouble with the batch file! When I record my videos with it, I cannot select any of the reflect options, and the bloom in the rendered video flickers around in a really distracting way! Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H84p0bsK5WQ
When I record my videos one at a time through the mediatracker, they work fine.
Is there a solution?
Hello,
Don't forget to add a "/config=MyConfigName" parameter to the command line to select the right game's "MyConfigName.SystemConfig.Gbx" file.
For the reflect options, It looks like your selected config ("Default" if no parameter) has shading quality <=Fast (>=Nice is required for Hq reflects).
For the video flickering there is a bug linked with the auto-exposure fx at shading_quality=very_fast and the antialias sample count, please select shading quality above fast for now.
Thanks
LuckyBoy
Nodlus

Post by Nodlus »

... I dont understand the explaination in the first post.
A video tutorial would be easier for me to understand
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

/////////////////// TUTORIAL TO DO A BATCH \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

1. Hit your windows icon key.

2. Write "notepad.exe" and hit enter.

3. Copy paste this:

Code: Select all

Maniaplanet.exe /login=YOURLOGINHERE /shootvideo=REPLAYNAMEHERE.Replay.Gbx;
and change login with your login and replayname with the replay you want to shoot

4. Save as: Name = videoshoot.bat (or whateveryouwant.bat) Type: All types .
Save it in " C:\Program Files\ManiaPlanet " (or whatever your OS is, in the maniaplanet root folder)

5. Double click on the .bat you placed in 4. to shoot the video.

Tutorial on how to do a bat, if this was the problem. This executable will automatically open the game and start render the video. You save about 10 clicks and loading times.

Let that bat there and each time you have to shoot anything just click right and "edit" and change replayname
:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Now stop it.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik »

FYI I mported the tutorial on the new documentation website : http://maniaplanet.github.io/documentat ... iatracker/

If you wanna share your tips, you can contribute from github http://maniaplanet.github.io/documentat ... iatracker/

:thumbsup:
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

I've done some cleanup in this topic, because there was a lot of posts that were getting offtopic.

If you have a question or something to directly contribute, please do so. Otherwise, your post may be deleted.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

I used it today and it saved a lot of time. Thanks for the tutorial Sprint! :thumbsup:
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
chuckie
Translator
Translator

Post by chuckie »

Hey, I used this feature earlier and it saved A LOT of time.
However, I cant get it to work now. Now I have to confirm settings and write a name for each video, which is not how it was previously.
Is there some other way to batch render now?
OS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX @ 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 128GB - Kingston HyperX (OS drive)
ben3847

Post by ben3847 »

completely useless since you have to click ok between each replay

Return to “Medias”