FindMeâ„¢ Next - First manialink search engine in the World

All the medias created by the community.

Moderator: English Moderator

Dommy
Translator
Translator

FindMeâ„¢ Next - First manialink search engine in the World

Post by Dommy »

UPDATE: FindMe is now an universal search page. It can search:
  • Community and Nadeo manialink
  • QuickJoin game modes
  • ManiaPlanet related websites
  • Up to 10 maps from both TM and SM ManiaExchange
  • Up to 5 servers from each environment
Sometimes I'm lazy (read: always). But today i saw one forum topic, mobilized and made little manialink to... search manialinks :D

Check it right now:
findme

I need more data to my "database". Please put here your information in this format:

NAME: The manialink title
CODE: Code of your manialink (what user would normally type in adress)
DESCRIPTION: A very short sentence describing what is your page about (<100 characters)
KEYWORDS: All other words to search, that aren't displayed (example: your name, page content, supported games, environments, clan name, other spelling of your name, anything else, but safe for work)

I DON'T accept pages without even one of following element, smileys, direct download links or "you must come here!" sentences!!!

Anyway, you like it? Hope it's fine as it is for now ^^
domino54 wrote:I was looking at FindMe for some time and said - "I really made that nice tool that looks so UGLY?" - because my goal is to provide bug-free and well-looking tools/modes. So I redesigned FindMe using completely new modern style and new search systems - results are now more accurate than previously!

Check out the NEXT stage of FindMe right over there:
Not available anymore
(Name is temporary and will be changed back to "findme" soon.)

How does the site look now?
Elements are bigger, easy to read and placed in single block - just like ManiaFlash. Everything looks like Android application, has many hover effects and sounds. Site finally got its name in header :D .

How does it work now?
Search method is now extremely accurate: question you type is split into single words. Script checks how many times every word has been found per each manialink and sort results by most matches. Result is displayed only if each word in question appears at least once in manialink.

What is planned for the future?
  • Create homepage with frequently searched questions.
  • Thumbnails of the manialinks (they lag the game a little bit).
  • Display 3 latest questions.
  • Ability to search music available at Storage Player 2.0 (in progress...).
  • Shortcut to the forum for links submission.
Changelog 2015-05-26
Stylish
  • Whole new design: results on separate cards, inspired by Google Play Store.
  • Added stylized error message window shown if no results found, command is unknown or searched phrase is too short.
  • Added stylized address indicator replacing default one (right bottom corner).
Efficient
  • Now searching exactly how many times every searched word exists in manialink tags: results are sort from most matches and displayed only if every searched word exists at least once in keywords.
  • Added commands detection and 3 supported commands: /a /all /showall to display all listed manialinks.
  • Fixed a bug: If word was typed multiple times script was returning no results.
  • Some more links: ManiaExplore, N-Jin, GTX tags, Elite stats.
domino54 wrote:Hellow,
I changed some things in upcoming FindMe, including:
zocka wrote:I would suggest adding something like "?ref=findme" or "&ref=findme" to the links, so manialink owners could see where they get visitors from ;)
Now the site adds reference suffix to manialink code in both cases ("?ref=findme" and "&ref=findme") :thumbsup: .

Changelog 2015-05-29
  • Added basic homepage: 6 common questions on quick cards, welcome message and information about current database size.
  • Added manialink thumbnails.
  • Now remembers both previous search and page you left the FindMe manialink.
  • Now site adds reference code "ref=findme" to visited manialinks to show owners from where they got visitors.
  • Some new manialinks:
    ESL TrackMania 2, Meuhmania, Drop, NRL, exemple, Zocka Maniaflash, Nerpson maniaflash, Stunning Screenshots Challenge
  • Various code improvements, such as fix of blinking pages and code sort.
  • Temporary removed some not working links (they are in code, but disabled).
domino54 wrote:Hello again,

There's next (ALPHA) evolution of the FindMe - now you can just open page and start typing without clicking blue menu bar, results are displayed INSTANTLY after you write something, just like in Google (nah, even faster!) ^^. Small note: it's actually possible to write only small letters and digits, any other combinations with shift or special characters (except "/" for commands) don't work. Dynamic inputs and manialink thumbnails can be also disabled on the home page.

Extra:
Now pressing Enter after displaying results will move you into first found page, if there are found any. Pressing PageUp and PageDown navigates between result pages.

:mrgreen: ƃƃǝ ɹǝʇsɐǝ ǝɥʇ puᴉɟ ʍou pu∀

Changelog 2015-06-01
  • It's possible to type alphanumeric characters and have instant results "on the fly".
  • Dynamic inputs and manialink thumbnails can be on/off on the home page.
  • Pressing Enter navigates under first found result link.
  • PageUp and PageDown keys can be used to change results pages.
  • Added manialinks: CPlay Maniaflash, Nerpson Manialink, Nerpson Maniaflash, Google Search, TM2 United Forever.
  • Something weird happens with page if you search for one specific thing...
domino54 wrote:So, after long time there it is!

FindMe-Next is now replacing old FindMe! With current update, command /set has been added and also a manialink preview window - hover a result to display preview on the right side! Good luck in finding another easter egg. ;)

Changelog 2015-08-17
  • Added manialink preview image window - hover a result to display the preview
  • New command /set and /s - used to change settings another way, for bored people. settings are: dynamic, thumbnails, preview.
  • Moved FindMe-Next to FindMe address.
  • New background (screenshot from ManiaPlanet 3 release blog post).
  • Added another weird easter egg.
domino54 wrote:Changelog 2015-08-17
  • Integration with quickjoin - you can now search game modes available in QuickJoin and directly play them.
  • Now also listing various websites with mania-related content - documentation, wiki and more.
  • Integration with ManiaExchange - FindMe is also searching for up to 5 TM and 5 SM maps matching searched words.
  • Integration with servers browser - displaying up to 5 different servers in each environment, which match searched words.
  • Design overhaul - implemented visual enhancements introduced in exchange and transition animation from quickjoin.
  • You can now send links to FindMe searches with "findme?q=your+question".
  • Removed commands support and all easter eggs.
Last edited by Dommy on 17 Aug 2016, 22:07, edited 8 times in total.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Mr.DVD

Re: FindMeâ„¢ - First manialink search engine in the World

Post by Mr.DVD »

Nice :thx:
:pop:
toffe

Post by toffe »

Nice!

Don't forget the smurfs! :thumbsup:
NAME: Smurfen.net ManiaFlash
CODE: maniaflash?smurfen
DESCRIPTION: News about Smurfen.net
KEYWORDS: smurfen, smurfscups, smurf, cups

Thanks,
ToffeSmurf
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Added your manialink ^^

Here is source code of page:
http://domino54.pl/searchengine.xml

Soon I'll improve search to look for all words typed in, even if they have different order in results. (Will split them with spacebar, underline, comma, dot and pause.)

@toffe: You don't need to put word in keywords if it exists in directly in name, url or description ;)

undef.de

Post by undef.de »

domino54 wrote:First manialink search engine in the World
Is not 100% correct, because i worked at 2012 the last time on toogle.

This should work like a normal searchengine, only register your homepage of your Manialink and the robots would index all subpages by himself (and ofc. follow all other links to other Manialinks...). But unfortunately i haven't continued the work on this. Only this layout is "finished".

As TMarc already said: A search engine should be provided by Nadeo. But (i guess) they don't, so go ahead with this very useful thing.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

@undef
Didn't know this, but I remember google search in manialink made by Nerpson. It is showing a few results you search for. Indeed, it would be better to have official search by nando, but i like doing experiments and did this small page :roll:

btw, dont ruin my plans to take over whole maniaplanet xD

toffe

Post by toffe »

Why not make a real search engine ^^. Maybe a nice project to get the mania links indexed. Real loogle
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

then rather name it "moogle" :mrgreen:
Nerpson
Translator
Translator

Post by Nerpson »

Yo! :)

Here's my entry.

NAME: Nerpson's manialink
CODE: nerpson
DESCRIPTION: Discover all my work and creations in one single manialink
KEYWORDS: Nerpson, nikooo26, project, projects, creation, creations, blog, video, videos, videomaker, ManiaPlanet, mediaplanet, media, object, item, mod, mods, track, tracks
ImageImageImageImage
Guerro323

Post by Guerro323 »

Can you make a list of all manialink in this manialink, please ? :)

Return to “Medias”