Questions about the Mediatracker

All the medias created by the community.

Moderator: English Moderator

Soprah

Questions about the Mediatracker

Post by Soprah »

Hey,

I am learning the Mediatracker. Recently, I rendered a replay clip with high quality settings. The replay was 19 seconds long. When the rendering process was finished, I looked in the screenshots folder (where the rendered footage is stored) and I saw 2 "weird" things.

1) The clip was divided into several small pieces. Why?
2) Each little piece was 1000mb big. And each piece was only 2 seconds long :shock: Is that normal for high settings? I installed Maniaplanet on my SSD. Can I change the output-folder of my renders to an external hard-disk? And how? :)

I guess I'll come up with new questions about the Mediatracker so I'll keep this topic as a central place for my questions.

Greetings,
Soprah
riolu

Re: Questions about the Mediatracker

Post by riolu »

1) Maniaplanet always splits video files when they exceed the size of 1GB.
2) Destination folder cannot be changed unfortunately (I hope such a feature gets added some day).

I assume you're using uncompressed frames to render the replays, which results in those huge file sizes. I recommend using a different codec such as x264vfw or Lagarith which offer the same good quality at reasonable file sizes.
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Thanks for the quick and helpful answer riolu :)

2) Indeed. If there isn't any solution to change the destination folder, then I'd probably have to install Maniaplanet on my 1TB hard-disk because there isn't much free space left on my SSD.

I am new to all those "video creating stuff". What kind of codec do you mean? I can't see any codec when I chose the rendering settings. Do you mean the final "data format"? I can chose "AVI / WebM" there while WebM offers a wide range of possibilities on "advanced parameters". But I can't see any codec, especially no "x264vfw" or "Lagarith".

Greetings,
Soprah
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

You choose your video-format -> Avi
Then you click the "render"-button and a small white window opens and there you can choose your codec like "Lagarith"

That should work ;)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
riolu

Post by riolu »

Codecs like the above mentioned ones have to be downloaded seperately.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/
https://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

Return to “Medias”