IMC5 - Infernal Movie Contest 5! (Results page 27)

All the medias created by the community.

Moderator: English Moderator

FRAxRevoCHX

IMC5 - Infernal Movie Contest 5! (Results page 27)

Post by FRAxRevoCHX »

Hey hey hey videomakers ! :yes:

Some of you may know this event from TMU, the Infernal Movie Contest organized by the RM Team is coming back with its 5th édition (first one on TM² !)

It's quite simple : participants will make one video each on a given theme, before the deadline. Once the contest is over, our judges rate and rank the videos. Results are finaly announced as the prizes are distributed.

History :

- IMC1 : make a video about a team (winner : Yrp360)
- IMC2 : set up a criminal video (winner : myself)
- IMC3 : imagine a fake TM² trailer (winner : Timae)
- IMC4 : realize an advertisement with TM (winner : SiH)

IMC5 theme and rules:

TM² Canyon is pretty new, so the community has not yet created as much skins, 3D models, and mods as in TMU. Hence, the theme won't be too complicated or restrictive, but good MediaTracker skills will be required. The awesomeness of the Canyon Launch Trailer inspired us :

>> Make the video look like one single camera shot <<

Unique constraint : make it all in one sequence. Think well, you can still introduce map and mood changes if you know how to edit.
Smooth ? Epileptic ? Be creative and show your style !

You will have to respect the following rules :

- Make your video in TMUF or TM²
- Only one video per participant (no team work allowed).
- Minimum length : 2 minutes.
- Max length : none.
- Max size : 250 Mb.
- You have to send us your video before the 20th of december 2011.
- You must store your video in a private way when you want to send it to our judges. It MUST be kept private unitl the final results are announced. Use a personnal FTP if you have one, or use a storage site like Megaupload. Broadcasting on YouTube, TM-Tube or other streaming websites is forbidden before the final results are known, unless you want to be disqualified.
- Use our contact form to send the download address of your video to the RM judges.

Rating information :

There won't be any precise rating grid this time. The judges will have to write detailed and constructive comments on what they liked and disliked in each video and will just give an overall grade without sub-rating elements. As usual the final rating/ranking will be calculated as an average of all judgements.

Prizes :

We are currently gathering our Planets. A total amounf of at least 25,000 planets will be shared between the participants. You are welcome if you want to donate some of your own planets, they will be entirely used to reward the videomakers. (send to login kev717, our webmaster).

Other information :

A piece of advice : don't come in with a standard run video, wether cam2 or custom cam. This is pointless. The key is to be original !

Find all info and previous IMC videos on the dedicated site :
http://imc.rally-infernal.info/

GOGOGO, have fun! :D
Last edited by FRAxRevoCHX on 04 Feb 2012, 19:26, edited 5 times in total.
Subaru: louder than your mum last night.
darkpuddle1

Re: IMC5 - Infernal Movie Contest 5 !

Post by darkpuddle1 »

how am i meant to render a whole uncompressed 2+ minute clip at HD? the video size will come out large and AE wont let me open files over 2GB.. :D i don't really want to compress the video because the quality will be lost.
YouTube | Tm-Tube | Facebook
Trackmania video editor since 2009.

FRAxRevoCHX

Post by FRAxRevoCHX »

Tell me if I'm wrong, but TM² is supposed to automaticaly create a new AVI file every 1Gb during rendering in MediaTracker, so you should have several 1Gb files to import in AE and not one big file ;)
darkpuddle1

Post by darkpuddle1 »

oh i didn't know that ^^ thanks

Ozon

Post by Ozon »

Maybe my first IMC I join...
Nice theme ;)
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
SiH13

Post by SiH13 »

Awesome!!!!

Edit: I suggest that Sprint cant join this.. :P
darkpuddle1

Post by darkpuddle1 »

I think that's fine - i mean the camera would still continue fluidly but there would be different stuff in the scene.

metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

IMC5? Sexy!
Yeah, I expect awesome stuff. Only one camera angle makes it challenging.
Okay, so I have a nice idea for what to do with only one camera angle. But it will be boring. Damn. Not sure whether I should participate. I am not a big freak concerning extra editing...
FRAxRevoCHX

Post by FRAxRevoCHX »

That was actually a mistake from me to talk about the editing when it comes to the rating of the video... With only one camera angle, editing is not a priority.
We will think about our rating method and let you know the details later. Anyway, who cares about the rating ? Make your vid the way you like it, it can't be boring for everyone, and the show comes first !
BlackShark

Post by BlackShark »

I've have a video idea along this theme which I have been reluctant to do for quite some time due to the amount of work required. This might be my chance to try and take a shot at it.
I'm not sure if i'll be able to deliver though. The idea I have is very complicated to do.

Return to “Medias”