All the events created by the community

Moderator: English Moderator

EternityGamingg

Eternal Cup #2 - Mapping Phase

Post by EternityGamingg »

Eternal Cup #2

English text first, french text below

English

The Eternal Cup is back this year with new stuff and more rewards at the end.
But before we get in the cup iteself, this year, players will be able to build they own map. So if you want to give your map, here are some explanation.
First if you need idea of mapping, you can maybe check out the last Cup. But the creativity is really open.

- Only Stadium Pack must be used.
- The maximum lenght of the map must be around 1 minutes and 30 secondes. There's no minimum.
- The name of the map must have this text before ( just copy/paste it ) : $22aEt$11aern$00aal Cup #2 $fff-
- The style is completly open. We want every mapper to show they creativity without any restriction.
- The Blockmixing is allowed abviously
- Items and Customs Blocks is allowed. Just be careful with the use of them. Verify the items you use don't use custom texture beside the one from the game. A message will appear if there's one when you save.
- The map must be validate to be send.
- Custom signs is allowed
- The MediaTracker is allowed but be careful with the use
- 64x64 map can be use ( If you don't know how to get it, here is a link to it : 64x64 Empty Map )
- Custom music can be used but it must have no copyright ( here is a link to verify : http://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi )
- Mods allowed

If something else must be added, we will add it on this list.

To send a map, really easy :

- Send to the email eternity.youtube@hotmail.fr
- You can either send the map in a attach files or add a download link, exemple Dropbox.
- Write the name of your map and your nickname so we can easily find your map because the login sometimes don't have the same name.

The maps will be test and records at the same time so i can give my personal opinion.
When every map will be test, a survey will be create to know wich map we keep.
Myself, Eternity, will build maps for the cup. I'll abviously will records the mapping.

Just to clarify rumors, some people think i try to copy ZeratoR. Personally, i think his idea is good but i'm trying to push it more. This is why i want people to create maps to show the creativity everyone can gave to there map and sometimes either unique.

The deadline to send maps is the 20 July. Why this date ? It give us time to test the map and see what map we keep.

Little Spoil : the cashprice this year will be 500$ + 1 Lagoon Key ( if you already ahve it, you can give it

We hope you guys will be many to play and build for this cup. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter for the news about the cup. A forum will be create like last year for the inscription.

Usefull links :

Twitter for the News
Youtube for the mapping and the cup
Twitch for the lives

Francais

La Eternal Cup fait sont retour cette année avec des nouveautés et plus de récompenses.
Mais avant d'entrer dans la Cup en elle même, cette année, les joueurs peuvent construire leur propres maps. Donc si vous voulez proposer vos maps, voici quelque explication.
Déjà si vous voulez avoir des idées de mapping, vous pouvez regarder la Cup précédente. Mais le mapping est quand même très ouvert.

- L'utilisation seul du pack Stadium doit être utilisé
- La durée maximale ne doit pas dépasser les alentours de 1 minutes 30 secondes. Aucun minimum n'est exigé
- Le nom de la map doit posséder ce texte avant votre nom de map ( faites juste un copier/coller ) :
$22aEt$11aern$00aal Cup #2 $fff-
- Le style de map est totalement ouvert. Nous voulons que les joueurs puisse montrer leur créativité sans restriction
- Le blockmixing est autorisée évidement
- Des items et blocks customiser sont autorisée. Faites juste attention à leur utilisation. Vérifier que l'item ne
doit pas utiliser de texture custominer que celle du jeu. De toute façon, un message est afficher quand vous
sauvegarder votre map si il y a des problèmes à résoudre et si vous avez dépasser la limites d'utilisation d'item.
Penser donc à sauvegarder souvent si vous penser en utiliser beaucoup.
- La map doit être validé pour être envoyer.
- Les panneaux customiser sont autorisée
- Le MédiaTracker peux être utiliser mais attention à sont utilisation.
- L'utilisation de la map 64x64 est autorisée ( si vous ne l'avez pas, voici un lien pour la télécharger : 64x64 Empty map)
- Des musiques customiser sont autorisée mais elle ne doivent avoir aucune restriction de droits d'auteur (
voici un lien pour le vérifier : http://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi )
- Mods autorisée

Si d'autres choses doit être ajouter, nous le rajouterons dans la liste.

Pour envoyer votre map maintenant, très simple :
- Envoyer un e-mail à eternity.youtube@hotmail.fr
- Vous pouvez soit ajouter dans là pièces jointes ou ajouter le lien d'un téléchargement, exemple Dropbox.
- Écrivez le nom de votre map et votre pseudo pour que nous puissions facilement voir qui a fait la map vu que la plupart du temps, le login n'a aucun rapport au pseudo.

Les maps seront essayer et filmer en même temps pour vous donner une opinion et pour qu'on est tous le plaisir de les tester ensemble.
Quand toute les maps auront été tester, un sondage sera fait pour savoir quelle maps devrait être garder.
Moi même, Eternity, construirai des maps pour la Cup. Je filmerai également la construction des maps.

Juste pour clarifier quelque rumeur et autres choses, certains pense que j'essaie de copier le style de ZeratoR. Personnellement, je pense que c'est idée de mapping sont intéresser mais pourrai être encore plus pousser. C'est pourquoi que nous voulons que les gens sortes leur créativité pour créer des maps uniques en leur genre pour certaines.

La limites pour envoyer des maps sera le 20 Juillet. Pourquoi cette date ? C'est pour nous laisser le temps de finir de tester toute les maps envoyer puis faire le trie.

Petit spoil : le cash price de cette année montera à 500 $ + une clé joueur pour Trackmania Lagoon( a partagé aussi si vous le posséder déjà ).

On espère que vous aller être nombreux à participer à la Cup et au mapping. N'oublier pas que de me suivre sur Twitter pour toute les News à propos de la Cup. Un forum sera créé comme l'année dernière pour les inscriptions.

Lien utile :

Twitter pour les News
Youtube pour le mapping et la cup
Twitch pour les lives
Alinoa

Re: Eternal Cup #2 - Mapping Phase

Post by Alinoa »

Hi :)

I remind you that you can post an ingame news thanks to Flash: https://www.maniaplanet.com/flash/manager/write
And don't hesitate to up this topic when posting information on your social media ;)

GL and HF :pil
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
EternityGamingg

Re: Eternal Cup #2 - Mapping Phase

Post by EternityGamingg »

Update

- The maps will be test the 21 of July and not the 20
- Don't forget we stop taking maps the 20 of July !

Return to “Events”