Multienvironment Maker + TrackMania² substitute pack

Moderator: English Moderator

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: Multienvironment Maker + TrackMania² substitute pack

Post by eyebo »

Thanks for this update! Now we can use TMU cars for the MultiEnv MX Knockouts! Woohoo! :pil
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

McBain wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 18:44 cool update! One question: how are the car new parameters managed? Are they imported from MP4.1 or are they customized in this titlepack? I just tested rally and bay. They are similar but not equal to TMUF.
Nothing is adjusted in archetypes themselves. Cars are handled as custom items instead of being raw forced by the mode script, done just for sake of simplicity in using them. (Forcing raw cars in all different game modes and editors is too much of a trouble to maintain.) unless it's Pursuit
scavfan wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 12:37 TMUF car remakes are definetly not 100% like their originals. IslandCar seems to speedslide most of the time but avoids actual slides, CoastCar is weird on grass etc. It is likely because of the physics limitations in Maniaplanet.
Remember that TMUF engine is outdated, compared to ManiaPlanet. Differences in physics calculations will occur due changes made throughout years (same reason major updates tend break press forward maps). rip canyon
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
tcq

Post by tcq »

Wait wait wait. Just clear this up for me.
TMU cars can be used in MP now? Like Bay or the rally car?
McBain

Post by McBain »

@tcq: just download the titlepack and create a new map. you will have to choose a car and TMUF cars can be chosen :) there are small differences to TMUF but it comes close for some cars to the original TMU experience. in case of desert i even prefer the new version.

@dommy: thx a lot for the feedback. i guess then the car parameters are not accessible and the cars are like they are. Is it also possible to change the car on an existing map?
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

tcq wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 22:16 Wait wait wait. Just clear this up for me.
TMU cars can be used in MP now? Like Bay or the rally car?
The ability to use TMU cars in ManiaPlanet was a gift from Nadeo for the 15th anniversary of TM. :thx:
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Demented

Post by Demented »

Now what would be really cool is to be able to import Maps made in All TMUF environments into TM2 and choose any TM2 vehicle to run on them.
(Like what they did with Stadium but adding the ability to choose any vehicle to validate the map)

Trackmania² United Forever Universe
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Return to “Title Packs”