ShootMania Galaxy

Moderator: English Moderator

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: SM // Galaxy Open Beta!

Post by Dommy »

I could make Shield decapture 2 times slower for opponents and let the shields be 100% captured on round start. About weapons drop - feature was added yesterday 2 hours before meeting, I wanted to see how would it affect gameplay, and yeah, it's really unbalanced. It will be disabled in next update, but still possible to re-enable through settings. Just by the way, I noticed the mode to have exactly the same issue as it's precursor - poles are still capturing themselves after round end.

Just one more note: it's not mandatory to place poles by map author - if there are no poles, players die every time they score, but in next update maps without poles will behave like they are here, captured (Shield always on).
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Double post ftw

Since we have tested Golden Dunk and it went very well, I'd like to share you my plan to release Galaxy in near time. Please note it's a plan what can change in time.

ShootMania Galaxy release plan

Within one month: official release
As soon everything is done (this includes all bugfixes, help tab in main menu, menu optimisation, translations, ModeGalaxyTitles.Script.txt documentation, trailer) the title pack will be released. At the beginning, it will include 3 main modes:
  • Jailbreak v2 - remake of Akbalder's mode, where eliminated teammates must be released from jail. Remake included in Galaxy fixes enemy jail OffZone griefing and introduces Gates support.
  • Confirmed - remake of my game mode, based on racer simon's Kill Confirmed, using new coin items.
  • Golden Dunk v2 - remake of steeffeen's mode, where two teams score balls at enemy hoops as many times they can. Remake included in Galaxy uses Speedball item instead of markers.
1 month after official release: Update #1 - FFA modes expansion pack
After the title pack is released, I'll rush to convert Invasion to use ModeGalaxyTitles.Script.txt base, completely rewrite Hunger Games on new base (including Titishu's never released HG Cards items) and take lead on the Obstacle game mode. The Replie item from HG (consumable armor healing pack) will be available in all game modes. The modes included in this updates will be:
  • Invasion - multiplayer of the Invasion title pack will be moved to Galaxy, making original title pack the solo campaign experience only.
  • Hunger Games - completely reworked (again) to use all new stuff available in Galaxy (including Titishu's never released HG Cards, which will replace old, Combo-based items). Characters won't be yet available.
  • Obstacle v2 - remake of steeffeen's mode. Will use common base between all Galaxy modes, also introducing a few new features, like ObstacleV2Arena, multiplayer courses, twin routes (multiple checkpoints with the same number), unlimited stamina mode for checkpoint, checkpoint spawns removal and probably more to come.
  • Race - bonus mode, based on Obstacle and Rounds in TrackMania. Players compete in a race with collisions and bumping enabled, dynamic position display and unlimited stamina on ObstacleV2Arena.
1 month after Update #1: Update #2 - Hunger Games characters update
This update will introduce characters system from old Hunger Games in new 2.0 form, allowing characters to feature weapon replacement (using custom weapon as Arrow, etc.), different statistics (movement speed, reload speed, max health) and abilities against other characters. It will also feature 3 game modes:
  • Royal Evolution - return of the insane mode from ShootMania Beta in 2013, where players gained XP, which allowed them to level up and evolve their character. Remade from scratch and finally permanently saving obtained level and abilities per server (with ability to payout gained level in Planets and start from beginning).
  • Divisions - return of my scrapped project about "two Invasions" on single map. Gameplay heavily based on Invasion game mode, with exception players are put into two teams, which task is to lead their Toads to the enemy pole.
  • Plus Zero - a simple mode for training, where several bots shoot Arrows directly up and players task is to be fast and accurate to shoot the Arrow projectile with Laser before other players to get points.
  • Final Boss - game mode inspired by Saxton Hale in TF2 and Hunt the Beast in GTA Online. One player becomes extremely overpowered and everyone else unite in task of emilinating this player.
During ManiaPlanet 4 beta: Update #3 - the Freemode update
This update will bring vehicles and another level of playing ShootMania with 2 game modes:
  • Freemode - 5 game modes coexisting on the same map. One giant server for 64 players, that holds the main world and 4 minigames areas: Confirmed, TrackMania Rounds, CTC and Goal Hunt. Will bring also the personal upgradeable character, personal vehicles, weapon store, in game currency and way more.
  • Pursuit 3.0 - Pursuit will no longer be a TrackMania game mode (Stadium server will remain as it is). A fusion of Pursuit, Hide and Seek, Infection, where police is chasing thieves both in vehicles and on foot.
Again, please note that this plan may change in future and Plus Zero, Race and Final Boss may be released as a separate update.

HYPE

Post by HYPE »

WOW :o
All of this sounds just amazing and I can't wait to play all this stuff! :1010

HYPE
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Ok guys, I'm here after a long time. :thumbsup:

When I'm done with everything I'm working at the moment, I'm going to continue the development of my title pack. I predict an update featuring complete help page for almost everything available in the pack.

After some thoughts, I decided to not release large updates with multiple modes, rather a single patches with one game mode and bug fixes - this will allow me to easily handle the big upcoming thing I'm planning.

First 2 updates are going to finally merge Invasion and Hunger Games with Galaxy, Invasion being the first mode to include.

Galaxy League - the new competition series hosted in both Galaxy game modes and Pursuit server. The league is more like SmurfsCups, as competitors score points for their own, even if a match is hosted in a team mode. Prizes will be a set of planets, with 5000 being the award for taking first place. Moreover, by playing in the league, all participants will receive reload speed bonus for upcoming Galaxy League matches in maximum amount of +15% (bonus depends on the place participant will take, 15% being max for the worst and 0% for the best player).

First Galaxy League match is scheduled for the official release time of the title and will take place in Confirmed game mode. Further matches are going to take place after updates in game modes, which are introduced in these updates. There will be also a dedicated website and manialink, on which you will be able to see results of all matches + the global leaderboard, where points from all matches are combined.

Obstacle v2.0 - As multum of people try or want to make new version of Obstacle, I'm gonna try to do it too. Response for this was bad, but as I said multiple times - I'm gonna try to do my best to give Obstacle players something they deserve, and it will be up to them to decide what is going to happen next with my remake after that.

That's all I can say for now, hope to see you soon online, cheers. :3

EXO

Re: ShootMania Galaxy

Post by EXO »

Hello,

ShootMania Galaxy ----Mod Payload, I encounter a problem at the end of the round no map change remains frozen, the same thing on the jailbreak mod.
Server side installation no problem, everything works.
Do you have an idea of the problem?
I thank you in advance, if you can enlighten me.
Sincerely

Return to “Title Packs”