New Titlepack : TM Plus

Moderator: English Moderator

nighthawk4571

Re: New Titlepack : TM Plus

Post by nighthawk4571 »

I tried this:

1. Remove the TMPLUS pack from the Packs folder.
2. Start the game - the TMPLUS Station still shows at the bottom of the screen.
3. Click on the Station; click on the 'Enter' button. A fresh copy is automatically downloaded (167.7Mb).
FAIL! Splash screen appears with dead 'New Browser' button.
My original Pack file dated 11/6/16 and the fresh copy dated 7/7/16.
:cry:

So then I removed the TMPLUS Title file, started the game, removed the TMPLUS Station, quit and restarted the game, added the Title to an empty Station ............. No good. :x

I restarted the game once more but no change. :teub:
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
om23

Post by om23 »

hopefully they are deactivating all title packs :D
why?
to keep one left and work together on it :yes:
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

I know it's technically discontinued, but I would really appreciate one last update for TMPLUS, so I can at least convert my TMPLUS maps to ones using embedded objects. I didn't realize the menus themselves would die at some point. :?
tcq

Post by tcq »

Which actually shows another flaw of the title pack project and the embedded objects. I'm still waiting for a competition were Nadeo selects user made objects and provides them as download directly into the game, so all players have always the same set of objects as long as their mania planet is up to date.
We already have a huge amount of excellent objects available (for example in this title pack), why not give the editor a section called "approved user made objects" which gets updated every 3 months. Continuous influx of new objects, available to everyone and it keeps players playing by trying out new things.
It's a win win situation for me.
1. Users can make new content with new objects on a regular basis => keeps players playing
2. Users don't have to download objects every time a map switches as they only need to update once every few months to have all objects. => advantage for slow internet connections and more online play time
3. Users don't depend on the life time of a title pack. => once the object is integrated, it's there forever.
4. User generated content would finally be a marketing word put to action.

Only disadvantage I can see: One Nadeo employe needs to check the objects on a regular basis. But this could be overcome by allowing only X submissions per user and by setting constraints what type of objects are needed (e.g. this time we want objects that can be used as ramps, next time we want a set of extra curves (small, middle, large) and so on.)
om23

Post by om23 »

ok tcq, good idea, I think no way for this except it is allready part of upcomming MP4 update.
very cool might be the editor of editors and the abillity to build objects in game :D
anyway, the last words u say, don´t make sense to me.
Nadeo don´t play the game at all i think, so why should they say what they want?
we are the players and makers of content and if someone makes an awesome object or even series,
Nadeo should be happy someone did it for them *cough*for free*sniff*, if it would go this direction.
Rasque
Translator
Translator

Post by Rasque »

Well, keep dreaming about this. As the history shows, NADEO is against user created objects. Just see official maprequests.
Skyslide

Post by Skyslide »

there will be a ingame 3d block editor in mp4 u know
why do you say they dont want user created blocks?
om23

Post by om23 »

pls stop spam talk about MS4, this is not the problem here :roflol: :mrgreen:
purification

Post by purification »

Alright, so my laptop freshly downloaded a lighter version, which actually weights 138mb, and the menu interface (which is looking outdated), strangely works in both my laptop and tower rig. So I can't guarantee if that works for anyone else, so I drop the link here
YouTube
Ryzen 7 3700X - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1070 8GB
Windows 11 Home 64bits
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

purification wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 21:54 Alright, so my laptop freshly downloaded a lighter version, which actually weights 138mb, and the menu interface (which is looking outdated), strangely works in both my laptop and tower rig. So I can't guarantee if that works for anyone else, so I drop the link here
Thanks a lot, it worked! Some maps do not load, since they put in halloween and christmas objects probably in the meantime. :thumbsup:
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back

Return to “Title Packs”