TrackMania² United Stadium 1.1! // Update!

Moderator: English Moderator

adamkooo2

Re: TrackMania² United Forever TP 2.6.1 //Scripts Update!

Post by adamkooo2 »

Miss wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 01:04 Those are really cool looking blocks!
McBain wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 23:13 Tried out again today. Not clicking "Solo Test" but "Solo Mode". You see a number of skillpoints but they are not visible. it Works if i go through "Solo-Test".

I prefer Option C but what i found out today Option A is definitely the wrong way. If doesnt feel like island at all atm.
I've found the bug and fixed it. You'll see it in next update ;)

Thx for writing your opinion. :) But I'll probably use the canyoncar, as people on TM2UF Platform channel were requesting that.

BTW I'd like to say big thank you to all people who downloaded this titlepack - it reached 2K downloads :)
/\rkady
McBain

Re: TrackMania² United Forever TP 2.6.1 //Scripts Update!

Post by McBain »

cool you fixed the bug 8-)
adamkooo2

Re: TrackMania² United Forever TP 2.7

Post by adamkooo2 »

Hello all!

I'm pushing an big update today which includes:
  • renewed island environment:
    :arrow: new blocks:
    ---Added lamps to all turns (also in night/evening mode)
    ---created slope-roads (also in night/evening mode)
    ---added hills
    ---added many platform blocks
    :arrow: new physics based on canyoncar, so now it's more fun to play than before
    :arrow: rebuilt tracks and also added new ones
  • update for scripts:
    :arrow: added help button in platform multi
    :arrow: edited UI in all multi modes
    :arrow: fixed some bugs
    :arrow: added replay browser
    :arrow: edited menus, added some features (e.g. hide/show background)
  • new tracks
  • change of Baycar physics (the gravity is lower, but not so much so the old maps will be playable)

Update it now from the ingame store!

Have fun! :pil
/\rkady
adamkooo2

Re: TrackMania² United Forever TP 2.7 // Update!

Post by adamkooo2 »

Hi all!

I've get to the point, when I stared to be bored with developening of this titlepack (TM2UF). It's quantum of work still not done. There are few solutions of the future of the titlepack.

1st: Split it into 2 titlepacks -> into Valley (custom 6 environments) and Stadium (of TM2UF). But well, the main spirit of the title (why did I create it 3 years ago) is to have all the stuff in one titlepack. The Stadium one will be completelly done (campaign) and a few updates will be pushed to TM2UF 6 envs version.
If we had custom titlebases feature (see here) Valley & Stadium titlebase would be used and I could use all posibilities of custom gamemodes (you will be able to change your skin on custom vehicles and be able to play platform and stunts maps will all 7 environments).

2nd: Create a TM2UF Devs team, where people will build tracks, add ghosts, edit gamemodes or edit textures/blocks. The best creations will be rewarded by an amount of planets (or not xd) or the people will work as a team - they will have access to all of the datas of the title and they could use them in their creations. If you support this titlepack, you can do anything you want to do, I will just check it and include it. The user-creations would speed up the development so much :) I personally would choose this, but I am only one that constantly develops TM2UF right now.

3rd: Keep it almost as it is -> less updates or there will be pushed in longer time (every 4 months or so). Also no changes of physics - I decided to keep these (v2.7) handlings. There won't be very much new blocks, just some changes in gamemodes (stunts countdown needs to be fixed). In the worst case I would move on TM Paradise or close the development of this titlepack and stop creating titlepacks completelly. :(

4th: I would do a last competion and the player who wins, can do anything he/she want with the TM2UF (he/she will get the access to everything and I will let him/her to do everything).

5th: I will upload all the stuff on sites like maniapark and users could use it in their creations for free with no limits.

6th: Choose an environment and finish it completelly (100% :) ) (blocks, maps, gamemodes and selectable car skins). I prefer the Island to be choosen, because it's my most finished environment right now. This is the way that some people told me to develop the TM2UF and I'm thinking of goinf in this way.

That's all. I wanted to write such a long post for a long time, but I've decided to do it now. Please excuse my mistakes :)

If you want to tell me or others what's the best way, please write it down. Thanks :thx:
/\rkady
TMarc

Re: TrackMania² United Forever TP 2.7 // Future?

Post by TMarc »

Why don't you even hassle with Stadium? Since it was more or less ported 100% (except few more recent changes like underground blocks) by Nadeo?
I would simply incorportate Stadium and concentrate on the other titles.
Or do the Nations title only at the very end if you still have the power to do it...
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Bored? or maybe burning out a bit? Sounds like you need to take a break from this. It started for you as fun and creative satisfaction, then grew into 'work' for the community. Maybe the work has overtaken your first idea - fun for yourself.

I'm NOT saying you should abandon this - not at all! Your post suggests that you need to wind down the amount of time and effort you are putting in and not allow yourself to feel pressured by the rest of us nit-pickers. The decision must be yours, so don't let anybody else tell you what to do, even though some (like me) will make suggestions which might be completely wrong for you.

So! Your 6th choice seems to make the most sense to me. Think about the sheer pleasure and satisfaction you will get from bringing one envi to 100% completion! Remember what NADEO did - they made/ released Sunrise to see how the market would react, then they threw Stadium at us - that was their biggest hit. They did not try developing seven envis all at the same time because that would have been too big a task. They 'perfected' one package and established themselves very well.

As for the rest of your Title Pack, your 3rd choice is also good. Leave everything where it is for the moment and let players wait for improvements - when you are ready to do them.

Just my thoughts. What you have done so far has been a great achievement and is valued here (45 pages of posts!). So don't give up mate. it's good to just do what you are doing now: Review your ambitions and find a more enjoyable way to move on (for you).

Cheers. :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi,

TMarc wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 22:40 Why don't you even hassle with Stadium? Since it was more or less ported 100% (except few more recent changes like underground blocks) by Nadeo?
I would simply incorportate Stadium and concentrate on the other titles.
Or do the Nations title only at the very end if you still have the power to do it...

this

and
adamkooo2 wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 19:54 6th: Choose an environment and finish it completelly (100% :) ) (blocks, maps, gamemodes and selectable car skins). I prefer the Island to be choosen, because it's my most finished environment right now. This is the way that some people told me to develop the TM2UF and I'm thinking of goinf in this way.
this ( finish all Envis one by one) ( but a Problem is, that there is another Project, with TMOne )

and maybe
adamkooo2 wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 19:54
2nd: Create a TM2UF Devs team, where people will build tracks, add ghosts, edit gamemodes or edit textures/blocks. The best creations will be rewarded by an amount of planets (or not xd) or the people will work as a team - they will have access to all of the datas of the title and they could use them in their creations. If you support this titlepack, you can do anything you want to do, I will just check it and include it. The user-creations would speed up the development so much :) I personally would choose this, but I am only one that constantly develops TM2UF right now.
this

And many many many thx, for the work you do for the community! :thx: :1010

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
McBain

Re: TrackMania² United Forever TP 2.7 // Update!

Post by McBain »

adamkooo2 wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 19:54 I've get to the point, when I stared to be bored with developening of this titlepack (TM2UF). It's quantum of work still not done. There are few solutions of the future of the titlepack.
adamkooo2 wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 19:54 That's all. I wanted to write such a long post for a long time, but I've decided to do it now. Please excuse my mistakes :)

If you want to tell me or others what's the best way, please write it down. Thanks :thx:
I think you did a great job yet with this titlepack and I agree with other users that you should try to find back the motivation to work on it. I dont care too much which solution you choose. It would be sad of course if you completely abandon the work on it but if you decide to take a break of some time or slow down development speed a lot i wouldn't mind :)

So my only general advise: stay motivated and do whatever you need to do not to get bored of it or see it as stressful work :) So long :pil :thumbsup:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Well said, McBain :thumbsup:
hackie

Post by hackie »

TMarc wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 19:36 Well said, McBain :thumbsup:
+1
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

Return to “Title Packs”