TM // Pursuit v3.1 // NFS gamemode - new title on its way!

Moderator: English Moderator

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: Pursuit v1.9.0 - Need for Speed gamemode

Post by Dommy »

Added some music! Request chill / electronic music here :) .
+ Added AFK detector for Policemen: inactive (not moving) players are forced spec (can switch off)
+ Server admin can now add custom UI layer from URL
+ Improved MiniMap: animations, button to hide, overview mode if not spawned
+ ScoreTable more compact and ShootMania-like
+ Some translation improvements
+ Reset player card in scores if left/spectates

+ fixed VR minimap bug (with small workaround)

+ Added sound when you are captured
+ Added cosmetic slide animation for non-interaction lock icon
+ Fade effect for police lights when current players team has changed
+ Automatic spectator target is now player with most points
+ Added spectated player information bar above thieves counter
+ Added match draw ability
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I want to install pursuit on my server. How?
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

I'm not sharing Pursuit to anyone (yet). No more questions needed.

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: Pursuit v1.10.3 - NFS gamemode (major update - soon)

Post by Dommy »

Double post :lenny:

I'm on vacations, but this doesn't mean I can't do stuff on my tablet :)

Currently making:
+ OffZone! Use dedicated editor plugin to setup zones that respawn players entering them (way less outsiders).
+ Domination (Nemesis): Catch the same player in next round to dominate him/her. Domination gives 1 extra point for dominator. Player can get revenge on his/her Nemesis if he/she catch them in other round. Revenge gives extra point too.
+ Speed dynamic autobalance: In Canyon and Valley players acceleration will be reduced, depending on Thieves and Policemen count. More Thieves - faster Policemen. More Policemen - faster thieves.
+ Local records: Script managed scoreboard for players - display total points, catches, survival, dominations and total playtime. Hover left screen edge for some seconds to show.
+ Policemen detector: Show distance to nearest policeman. As less thieves remain, as farther detector radius.

Coming soon, when I'm back from vacations. :yes:

oiram456

Post by oiram456 »

domino54 wrote:+ OffZone! Use dedicated editor plugin to setup zones that respawn players entering them (way less outsiders).
That sounds really interesting, better than a blackscreen since this is still cutable. How does it work? Would love to see that for rpg maps
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

oiram456 wrote:
domino54 wrote:+ OffZone! Use dedicated editor plugin to setup zones that respawn players entering them (way less outsiders).
That sounds really interesting, better than a blackscreen since this is still cutable. How does it work? Would love to see that for rpg maps
Scripted modes can for example detect players being in specific mt blocks or read additional data about "offzones" in another way (maptypes can store extra data per map). Utilizing that you can make vehicles respawn if they go through such a zone, e.g.
=3
Bara1995

Re: TM // Pursuit v1.10.3 // NFS gamemode (major update - so

Post by Bara1995 »

I played alot on server and I would say I know how pursuit mode works.
Thing that bothers me is that people still join the server and ask questions like: How to play this? How do I know what I am (thief or police)? I know all that info is written on window before you join the server but people don't read it. So if you could add one of these pop up windows when player enters the server with instructions how mode works it would be great. Short with big font so people can't avoid it.
Also I've been asked questions like: How to add to queue? How to start vote? and similar. I know there is "/help" but its just long list of commands. I hope its possible to make whole help menu easier to read (maybe add some window like map and player list) and if it showed commands and their purpose.
Also would like to say how much I enjoy playing 1 vs 1. It can be so much fun with good opponent but only problem is time is too short. I know admins can change the script and extend time per thief but is it somehow possible to add vote for ordinary players? I know it would be more fun to play in few players if there was more time.
Last thing I would mention is about moderators and admins. They have different rules - some think outside is ok (on maps without set off zone) and some force spec you for doing it. Some warn you for spamming and other don't. So most of them have different rules and every one of them is enforcing their own rules. Talking about rules, I would like to know if there is list with rules somewhere I can read it.
Palteza

Post by Palteza »

Bara1995 wrote:I played alot on server and I would say I know how pursuit mode works.
Thing that bothers me is that people still join the server and ask questions like: How to play this? How do I know what I am (thief or police)? I know all that info is written on window before you join the server but people don't read it. So if you could add one of these pop up windows when player enters the server with instructions how mode works it would be great. Short with big font so people can't avoid it.
Yeah the problem was EXACTLY the same with chase mode (which is definitely dead).
When you launch a new mode, be sure that everyone who join understand the rules BEFORE playing (there are couple of ways for that).
Otherwise it's not playable. You constantly have to explain the rules by yoursel (we are very few people to do that).

Chase is partially dead because of that (it's even more complicated to understand), what a waste of energy ...

Post by 745 »

A few suggestions allowed?

* Pursuit with a lot of players is tons of fun. Events can be done more often.

* In most maps you just go after a tough spot and camp there until a cop comes. In a 10 minutes match, I do nothing for 8 minutes. I think true pursuit is funnier. There's more fun in 60 seconds of dodging cops in "Get To The Choppa" than in a whole afternoon of Hide and Seek.

* Valley and Canyon are troublesome due to really tough/random spots created by scenery or canyon tunnels. What about a "refueling" zone for thiefs? I don't know if possible, tbh. There would be no need of borderwalls anymore, nor anticamping or time limit for the match, and the amount of refueling zones and fuel times could be adjusted according to the amount of players in server.

* Start match with half of the players as cops for quicker and more intense matches. Switch teams next round.
Last edited by 745 on 03 Nov 2016, 04:39, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 745 »

Palteza wrote:
Bara1995 wrote:I played alot on server and I would say I know how pursuit mode works.
Yeah the problem was EXACTLY the same with chase mode (which is definitely dead).
When you launch a new mode, be sure that everyone who join understand the rules BEFORE playing (there are couple of ways for that).
Otherwise it's not playable. You constantly have to explain the rules by yoursel (we are very few people to do that).

Chase is partially dead because of that (it's even more complicated to understand), what a waste of energy ...
For Pursuit I think the server could constantly tell the player what to do for some time, like, for the ten first matches, or even further. Maybe improve beginners odds of starting as a thief, too. Also, I don't think a beginner will understand the mode in a "war bombed" map anyway.

Switch messages of the example every few seconds:
"You're a Thief, flee from Cops or find a place to hide."
"If a Cop catches you, you become a Cop as well."
"No Thief in sight? Press 7 for free camera"
"Thieves too well hidden? Hold tab and click on the camera icon of the thief"

Chase is a mode for more dedicated players. Voice chat, teaming up, etc. Server controller should force join spectator when first ever connection of a login, then propose a video tutorial.

Return to “Title Packs”