I am proud to present the biggest game-recreation in ManiaPlanet, TrackMania One with the first environment: Alpine!
TrackMania One is a project, which includes all TrackMania United environments, recreated from scratch in ManiaPlanet. All of the environments will have an own titlepack, available in the ManiaPlanet store. I am trying to create almost every block, which is in the original game for the map editor and with Alpine I even got alot of extra variations and sets.
Today, after 5 months of work, it's time to make Alpine, the recreation of the Snow-environment, public.
Big thanks to all the closed-beta testers, which gave me alot of inspiration and suggestions. Special thanks to the mapper-team, which created all campaign maps and especially to Guerro, TMCharly, Bryan623, eFFecT, WASIMo4 (for the great trailer!), MCYC Shadow, woolookologie, GiNi Productions, Lucario, Nerpson, riolu and Spam!
We had alot of fun and we've made it through alot of bugs, which almost let me cancel everything ^^
Thanks to discord it was also pretty cool to communicate on our server with beta-insiders, but also outsiders.
TrackMania One - Alpine contains a big block-set, including over 320 blocks in the original style and improved quality. It should be almost possible, to recreate TMUF Snow maps with Alpine. Every block set got additional blocks, which were wished by alot of players. A fully remade terrain-set made it possible to have road-tunnels, ice-slopes and even tube-tunnels
. Also the gridsnap is user-friendly and easy to use.
Another completely new thing (which is probably the most hated feature xD) is a complete pillars-set for each road-set. To reach the maximum quality of the map-design, you can place down pillars, which are sadly not placed automatically. But be warned: it will take you some time to place them all ^^
For the Speed-environment, which will be the next one to make after 46 votes, we are planning to place them automatically due bigger blocks.
Alpine is also a reason for an eyegasm, as we put alot of time into textures, lights, shaders and moods. Check out "Media" for some wallpapers.
TrackMania One environments are coming with a modern menu and a well-designer UI for a better user-experience. The interfaces are still work in progress.
Alpine includes a race-campaign with 45 beautiful tracks (each color 10, black, 5) . For the future we planned 3 other small campaign-series for each environment, platform, stunt and puzzle. The last map, E05, is a big collaboration by all Campaign-mappers, so make sure you play it as well
You can enjoy the nice soundtrack by wooloo again, this time with a new menu-soundtrack!
A TrackMania-channel program will be open soon.
There are alot things still in development or planned.
Here is a short list with the most important things to do yet:
- Add ice-canyons for the ice-set
- Include Stunt, Platform and Puzzle mode and campaign for it
- Multiple car skin selection
Things, which could be maybe realized in the future:
- Chase-competition for Alpine
- Survival-mode from TMO
Mapping is an important subject in Alpine and TrackMania One in general. With all those new designed blocks, you have alot of possibilities to build smooth and well looking maps. But it's also in your hand how the map will look.
I can say, it's very important to place pillar-blocks, which were auto-generated in TMU already. Sadly we can't realize auto-generated pillars yet, as ManiaScript doesn't give us enough possibilities for that, so you will have to place them by hand. I recommend to don't build your maps too high, otherwise it will kill alot of time ^^
I've made a tutorial for better looking maps! Visit
We are looking forward to have some great maps by the community on our server. To avoid a literally "block-mess" on tracks, we've written some guidelines for maps, which shall be added on the program and the servers.
- Please avoid blockmixing and overlapping/flickering
- Please don't use the arrow-keys and + and - on numpad to rotate blocks
- Don't use Valley-Terrain or Valley-blocks, everything has been made for Alpine especially
- Please don't forget to place the DeadEnd-Block for each road, it will look great with it!
- Don't use custom items from the MeshModeler or ManiaPark
- Please don't activate the Ghostmode via a double-click on the tree icon or F4
TrackMania One got a well designed and soft custom main-menu and interface. We worked alot of time on the design, the smoothness of transitions and of course the functions of the menu. Things like a custom map- and replay-browser, a full campaign interface and several other parts, like the new map creation screen make the main menu awesome. Here you can see, how it looks ingame (still in beta, everything can change)
Also the live-newsfeed is back on the home page! With this feature, we can keep you updated about news, even without being forced to update the interface with a pack-update
I am sure, some questions will fall. In advance, I've answered some.
Is this titlepack free?
Can I open TMUF maps here?
- Yes, you don't need to pay any planets or real money for it
Why can't I play TMOne maps outside of the titlepack?
- No, you can't open/play TMUF maps here, as the titlepack uses only items/macroblocks as "blocks". Also ManiaPlanet-maps are not compatible with TM1 maps in general (except Stadium). Maybe in the future it will be possible to get the position info of items, so a converter could be written, which converts and places the ManiaPlanet blocks. This with is still far away tho
Can I paint the car or use custom skins?
- You can't play them outside, because the blocks/items are located in the titlepack and not usable outside of the title. If you are trying to play it in other titlepacks, you will probably get an error with "missing items".
Where can I find the Alpine blocks?
- For now, it's not possible to use custom skins or paint the car. Custom cars only support static skins for now and you can only drive with a forced skin. Because of that we disabled the car-painter in the titlepack. We hope to realize custom skins in the future tho.
My menu doesn't work well, what can i do?
- To use the Alpine blocks, open the map editor and click on the small tree-icon at the bottom toolbar. There you can see all blocks by us. Please don't confound it with the Valley blocks.
Can I get the items/scripts for another titlepack?
- If you got any troubles with the menu or interface, please report it here or on discord. To get the debug-info, press CTRL + G and screenshot the red output at the bottom please. To reload it without being forced to restart the game, press CTRL + SHITF + SCROLL-LOCK.
What will happen to TrackMania² Snow in the store now?
- We don't share the files normally, as every file was made only for TrackMania One.
- The old snow-titlepack won't get any support or updates anymore and it will be removed from the store as soon as possible. Anyway, if you still want to play it, I will upload the latest version to my webspace.
During the Beta, alot of awesome wallpapers and also the amazing trailer by WASIMo4 were created. The following wallpapers are by TMCharly, Lucario, XeroBox and me, florenzius.
You have two ways to download TrackMania One Alpine.
The titlepack will automatically be updated, when I release an update, so just enter the pack and accep the update-download.
We also prepared a ZIP-file for you including all solo-tracks, in case you want to host a server. Download
You have several ways to join our awesome community! I strongly recommend you to join our discord-server (currently over 110 members), to play and communicate with other TrackMania One players. You can also report bugs, suggest things or just chat there. For bug-reports or suggestions, please use right channels for it on discord, or write here in this forum-thread.
You want to get closed-beta access for the upcoming environments?* Sure, just follow those steps:
1. Fill out this form
2. Join our discord-server and PM me or another developer there
*You must join discord to get access, because the communication between developers and users is easier and you can be informed about updates/changes/other info better
Thanks for reading this quite long thread and now we hope you have alot of fun with TrackMania One - Alpine! We look forward to see you on the servers and maybe on discord as well
Have a good drive and now let's look forward together to the next environment,