Are you tired of dull "competitive scene" of TrackMania? Would you like to waste your life by doing something else than hunting your grandma's A08 personal best? Looking for some fresh, entertaining experience? Try out Pursuit!
After over 2 and a half years since its first appearance, Pursuit finally made its way into a separated title! In fact, 2 different pack - Stadium one, dedicated to Pursuit's strong, core community, as well as new Multi-environment pack, made for TrackMania channel, connecting power of all 4 environments, as well as giving you option to use any of 4 cars you want.
Pursuit title is not only about Pursuit itself, soon it will face revival of Hunters mode and PursuitPRO variant! It's also coming as ShootMania port, exclusively in the Galaxy pack.
At the very beginning of round, everyone join Thieves team. After a few seconds first Policeman is selected. From now on, Thieves have to run away or hide, while Police team is looking after them. When Policeman captures a Thief (by driving through them) they join Police forces. Round is over then all Thieves get caught or time runs out.
A few notes about various stuff:
- Color of your interface tells you which team are you on: Police or Thieves.
- To tell a difference between a Policeman and a Thief, look at the color of their nametag.
- As a Thief, you are unable to respawn immediately - you have to wait 15 seconds standing still before revisiting spawn.
- Leaving map area is strictly forbidden. If you drive outside building zone or fall into the void, you'll be respawned and forced to Police team.
- Keep in mind, that not everyone got a good Internet connection. Sometimes capture may not register and other players may be seen with a tiny delay.
Pursuit maps are different than normal races. Here you can build anything you want: a village, maze, city or complete RPG madness - the choice is yours. However, there are some things you need to know while constructing a Pursuit map.
- Map must be created using Pursuit Multi-environment or Pursuit Stadium title. You have to set type of your map to PursuitArena, else it won't be accepted by the server.
- You're forced to use multilap spawn - it prevents players from using finish line to respawn in rare situations.
- Pursuit map should be a closed area, surrounded by a tall barrier made of anything (high mountains, wallride, invisible barrier). If going outside of your map is possible, it will be removed.
- Avoid placing water ponds in your maps. If you really want to use water or create a flying arena, check out OffZone Plugin.
- You don't need to validate your map - once you've placed multilap spawn and at least one checkpoint, your map is ready to go on a server!
Inspired by its ShootMania's counterpart, OffZone is available in Pursuit for mappers, who want to prevent players from going over certain areas of their maps. Any Thief, who happens to drive into OffZone, gets forced to the Police team, as well as any Policeman doing so will be respawned. Adding OffZone to your map is very simple.
- Enter OffZone placing mode by clicking OffZone icon or pressing O.
- Select map areas, where OffZone will be active (water ponds, grass outside map, edge of walls surrounding arena).
- Save your map and done! OffZone should be effective when your map is played on the server.
Use in-game store to find Pursuit titles.
Pursuit maps on Mania Exchange