Reunited - Time Limited Campaigns

Moderator: English Moderator

BigBang1112

Reunited - Time Limited Campaigns

Post by BigBang1112 »

Still in the dreams, still not knowing the right direction...
Last edited by BigBang1112 on 09 Aug 2018, 10:36, edited 5 times in total.
Creator and competent racer. YouTube Discord
- ENVIMIX (out in open-source)
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows
null8fuenf10

Re: [ALPHA] Reunited - Multi-environmental campaign journey | Title Pack by BigBang1112 and Poutrel

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi,

i'm overhyped for your project, since i saw it on YouTube, a few months ago! :clap:

That is, what so many of us wanted. :1010 And nobody reacted to your announce?! :teub:
(Maybe, you should post this in the TitlePack Section, on the Forum)

I really like on what you are working and i try to support and advertise as much as i can. :3

I'm also registered for the Alpha on Discord! 8-)

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
BigBang1112

Re: [ALPHA] Reunited - Multi-environmental campaign journey | Title Pack by BigBang1112 and Poutrel

Post by BigBang1112 »

Nice words man, appreciated! :thx:

Yeah I didn't notice the section, just like always. xD Can I kindly ask anyone here for a topic move? :roll:

EDIT: Thanks, awesome from you <3
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows
McBain

Post by McBain »

it sounds very interesting :thumbsup:
Miss

Post by Miss »

I'm a bit confused at what this is, really..
Multi-environmental journey across many campaigns not only playable in specific periods of time. Inspired by many different sources, Reunited campaigns bring another, more motivational, style of campaign gameplay!
This doesn't really mean anything to me? I don't understand, what does this mean?
Normal campaigns are playable inside the time period that the campaign has, but only viewable outside the time period. Although the creator of the campaign can set whenever training is enabled or not - which means you can play the maps anytime, but nothing is tracked.
People will be able to create their own campaigns and they can select their time period, their maps, their planet cost etc.
This also doesn't make me understand what this titlepack is about, but if I'm understanding this right it's a re-implementation of Nadeo's channels?

But the rest of the post makes me think it's just a campaign with a global time limit spanning over multiple maps, and your points/times for that is then used for something?

I'd like to understand what this titlepack is but the first post doesn't really explain it well :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
BigBang1112

Post by BigBang1112 »

Miss wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 23:45 I'm a bit confused at what this is, really..
Multi-environmental journey across many campaigns not only playable in specific periods of time. Inspired by many different sources, Reunited campaigns bring another, more motivational, style of campaign gameplay!
This doesn't really mean anything to me? I don't understand, what does this mean?
Normal campaigns are playable inside the time period that the campaign has, but only viewable outside the time period. Although the creator of the campaign can set whenever training is enabled or not - which means you can play the maps anytime, but nothing is tracked.
People will be able to create their own campaigns and they can select their time period, their maps, their planet cost etc.
This also doesn't make me understand what this titlepack is about, but if I'm understanding this right it's a re-implementation of Nadeo's channels?

But the rest of the post makes me think it's just a campaign with a global time limit spanning over multiple maps, and your points/times for that is then used for something?

I'd like to understand what this titlepack is but the first post doesn't really explain it well :(
Yeah this is pretty understandable as it's that kind of title pack where it's hard to understand it from the description before you actually play it. And I'm surprised that this is the very first question related to the actual meaning. So I'll explain it once more, very deeply:

This title pack is basically nothing that special. The whole point is to connect all environments together in a way that can be endlessly fun.
Reunited started when Multiplayer button was blocked and I started to miss multienvi multiplayer so hard. I had to switch between titles always, it's not so satisfying, not gonna lie. While in an early development, not only the multiplayer button was fixed, but also MrSloppi's title pack came which basically have the whole previous point of Reunited, so we had to change the direction.

I was playing Team Fortress 2 at that time and there was a new update where the contract campaign system was changed (there you get contract points for a specific task and you get a reward after completing the tasks). It was damn a lot of fun and the motivation was really there because the game rewarded you with something good. In Trackmania, the only thing that the game rewards you are medals which are just simple numbers in the end. I wanted to include something similar in Reunited. We end up with something I like to call Motivational Campaigns, or Hunting Campaign System.

There are two kinds of those:
Time-Limited Campaign - Again, inspiration from TF2, the campaigns in TF2 were time-limited, which gave you a motivation to complete something before it's too late. What if I could make the campaigns drivable and trackable (-your time is saved on a Reunited server) only from a specific date time to another later specific date time? Like from 12/4/2018 18:00 to 21/4/2018 22:00. Keep in mind, it's not on repeat, it has nothing to do with Nadeo's channels. This campaign will reward you at the end of the campaign based on your activity and performance.
Infinite-Going Campaign - This was an addition to solve the problem with our original Nadeo Envimix idea. We want to keep those big campaigns like this one going for the longest time possible as it's a campaign of around 700 possible gameplays with different cars on different environments (65*3*3 to be exact, 65*4*3 with Openplanet Stadium unlock^^). As this basically looks like straight upgrade to Time-Limited Campaign, we had to nerf it a bit: Infinite-Going Campaign creator will be something like an item that can be won by winning some of our competitions we will organize later or anything (this is still being thought about), while Time-Limited Campaign creator will be available for anyone with planets. This type of campaign will reward you everyday, but with cheaper stuff.

These are the most important things to know about this title. Next stuff is purely based on this information.

Official Community Campaigns - Time-Limited Campaigns constructed by us coming each month (in the best case), which will contain maps created by the right now unexisting Reunited community. People are able to submit their maps of any kind, with any of the TMUF, TMS and TMO map types, to have a chance to be in one of the campaigns and have a good credit and a reward to it.
Pure Community Campaigns - People can create their own time-limited campaigns (or an infinite going campaign if they have access to).

The rewards are still being thought about, but there will be surely something like Activity points and medals or badges which are a bit more challenging.

Why this isn't a straight upgrade to the Title Maker is explained briefly in the original post.
Why this isn't a straight upgrade to the TM2 Title Pack: The only maps you can normally play are those submitted to the Official Community Campaigns. The only way to access non-Reunited maps is through the editor. Reunited won't have a usual multiplayer, you will be able to host only servers that run campaigns (this is a task after Beta so I don't know much too).

As the title pack will develop, the whole post will change over time. Things will be surely cleaner later. ;)

If it still doesn't make sense, I have this video with another similar explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQeS5IkMn4w
Last edited by BigBang1112 on 18 Apr 2018, 17:14, edited 4 times in total.
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi there,
BigBang1112 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 13:40
Infinite-Going Campaign - This was an addition to solve the problem with our original Nadeo Envimix idea. We want to keep those big campaigns like this one going for the longest time possible as it's a campaign of around 700 possible gameplays with different cars on different environments (65*3*3 to be exact, 65*4*3 with Openplanet Stadium unlock^^).
What do you mean with OP Stadium unlock? Is it possible to EnviMix Stadium now, with OP?
That would be so great!
BigBang1112 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 13:40 Why this isn't a straight upgrade to the TM2 Title Pack: The only maps you can normally play are those submitted to the Official Community Campaigns. Only way to access non-Reunited maps is though the editor. Reunited won't have a usual multiplayer, you will be able to host only servers that run campaigns (this is a task after Beta so I don't know much too).
You think thats an good idea? I think there should be Servers too, only with community Maps. Cause then we have a all in one package!

And would it be possible, that people owning only 3 or 2 Envis, have access to the TitlePack?
Limited to only the Enviroments they own and in Multi Envi, they can drive only Car/Envi combination, they own. This would push the Playerbase!
But i think its not possible, cause MP Limitations. Or?

Greetings
BigBang1112

Post by BigBang1112 »

null8fuenf10 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 15:23
BigBang1112 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 13:40 Why this isn't a straight upgrade to the TM2 Title Pack: The only maps you can normally play are those submitted to the Official Community Campaigns. Only way to access non-Reunited maps is though the editor. Reunited won't have a usual multiplayer, you will be able to host only servers that run campaigns (this is a task after Beta so I don't know much too).
You think thats an good idea? I think there should be Servers too, only with community Maps. Cause then we have a all in one package!
This is all work in progress stuff, we have to make a working singleplayer before going into implementing it into servers which now I don't even know how it's possible. Maniaplanet servers is a thing I keep after the Beta. Yet I think your idea is a better way to go. :thumbsup:
null8fuenf10 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 15:23 And would it be possible, that people owning only 3 or 2 Envis, have access to the TitlePack?
Limited to only the Enviroments they own and in Multi Envi, they can drive only Car/Envi combination, they own. This would push the Playerbase!
But i think its not possible, cause MP Limitations. Or?
Right now it's simply like this: Own 4 environments, or you're not allowed to enter the title pack.
This actually became a feature - it's part of a straight upgrade avoidance.

Fun fact: I know more than 2 people which bought rest of the environments because of this project. :mrgreen:

Yet it would be great to have a better control of environment availability in title packs, right now you can go all environments or a single one. Although it won't probably happen now as I posted this fact above. Whoops
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Ok, nice!

Looking forward, to the next alpha releases... :clap:

Greetings
Miss

Post by Miss »

I still don't really get it, but we'll see when this launched I guess :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Title Packs”