Most of you should already know I find vanilla TrackMania boring. So, here comes a brand new, never seen before game mode - Goal Hunt!
Goal Hunt is a part of the TrackMania² Pursuit pack, thus it shares all the perks of the Pursuit game mode and some features common with ShootMania Galaxy.Goal Hunt may seem like a normal race at first, but the moment you hop in you'll notice a significant difference. In Goal Hunt your task is to reach the highlighted checkpoint first to score the most points. When someone captures the checkpoint, another one is randomly selected. Someone was quicker and captured the checkpoint before you? Don't worry, you can cross 2 previously highlighted goals to gain a few points less.
How 2 play dis
- Goal Hunt is a points-based game mode, where the player with highest score wins the map.
- Map time limit is set to 6 minutes with points limit being 75.
- A random checkpoint - Target #1 - is selected randomly for all players. All players have the same Target #1.
- The first player to reach the Target #1 will score 3 points. Next Target is randomly selected.
- New Target #1 might be selected automatically if nobody manages to reach it within 45 seconds.
- If the Target #1 was captured by someone else, it will turn into Target #2 for you. It scores 2 points on capture.
- You're able to capture up to 2 previous Targets before they vanish upon next Target selection.
- Any respawn (manual, OffZone elimination, vehicle change) takes 1 point away from your score.
In order to create a new Goal Hunt map, refer to the requirements listed below:
- Built in Pursuit Multi-environment or Pursuit Stadium titles.
- Map type must be set to GoalHuntArena (change in top left corner).
- Multilap spawn block (can be an object, required by maptype).
- At least 5 supported checkpoints. Mode supports only Nadeo blocks, including some exceptions.
- Map type tells you how many checkpoints you've placed.
- It also lists names of all checkpoint blocks, which currently are not supported.
- Build arenas and not necessarily road systems. Arenas are easier to drive on.
- You can use OffZone Plugin - driving into OffZone respawns the player and takes 1 point away.
- Make the map accessible and easy to navigate. We don't want players to have difficulties in getting back on track after capturing a checkpoint.
- Just do a nice looking map with variety of checkpoints and everyone will be happy.
Get your hands on the Pursuit title via ManiaPlanet Store: