PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Python 3 Server Controller for Trackmania and Shootmania for script-only modes.

Moderators: TheM, toffe, NADEO

HaagseSmurf

Re: PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Post by HaagseSmurf »

endbase wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 13:40 Voting needs also an f6 function for not agree on the votes and vote ratio must be programmble in //settings I think

Greetz Base :thumbsup:
I dissagree on the F6 function. Because people vote to make it a replay, and if you dont want to vote or dont like the vote, just dont vote.
After all its just the majority that decides if the replayvote passes or not, so it doesnt matter if you vote negative or not at all.

If a setting with a ratio should be implemented, mmm normally its just a majority, or you should as admin think that a vote should get a higher percentage to pass then a normal majority. Such as 60% or 70% or even 80%, all higher then 51%. Imo not really needed but that is just my opinion. ;)

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
endbase

Post by endbase »

HaagseSmurf wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 16:11
endbase wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 13:40 Voting needs also an f6 function for not agree on the votes and vote ratio must be programmble in //settings I think

Greetz Base :thumbsup:
I dissagree on the F6 function. Because people vote to make it a replay, and if you dont want to vote or dont like the vote, just dont vote.
After all its just the majority that decides if the replayvote passes or not, so it doesnt matter if you vote negative or not at all.

If a setting with a ratio should be implemented, mmm normally its just a majority, or you should as admin think that a vote should get a higher percentage to pass then a normal majority. Such as 60% or 70% or even 80%, all higher then 51%. Imo not really needed but that is just my opinion. ;)

Greetz,
The thing is with an server of 20 people if you start an vote and 7 people active vote and the rest don't care it will be stuck at 3 votes left. In theory it should be 50 % I agree but in the real world on the server it getting anoing so I still would like to see that an admin can set the vote ratio to the needs of an server !
Greetz Base
Last edited by endbase on 02 Dec 2017, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Really only 3 people vote out of 20?
I dont have such experiences at a full server (25 to 30) but thats actually a sad thing indeed :(

And as admins we usually ask people to do vote, and sometimes we force a vote when there is only 1 more vote needed.
(Still admin abuse but hej we are admins are we ;) )
To be honest i also dont think its right that you want have a replay vote succeed with only 3 players out of 20!
The voting itself is as far as i know only counting on active players, not at spectators.

You have to make people aware of the voting system, otherwise its useless anyway.
We had servers running on aseco in the past on tmnf and always with this votingratio and yes sometimes you have to wake people up.
But with some good admins and operators you can teach people how to proper use the voting system.
Its a lot of work but as long as you do it a bit democratic its always better then use the vote system as a jukepanel.

Perhaps we need a longer chat both on this in our own language, i need to hop on on your servers one day again and have a nice chat (as always :thumbsup: )

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
endbase

Post by endbase »

Yeah you are right it's easier to make it clear in our own language :) see ya around then @Haagse :D
endbase

Post by endbase »

any news on server ranking 5 december we start an cup or suggestions how to pick the winners ? :pop:

edit : NVM we use random payout :)
cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

Hi
Yes , server rank and betting tool is important. many drivers ask for it .
toffe

Post by toffe »

F6 already exists, the ratio is a good one, will put it on the issue list on GitHub.
yis69

Post by yis69 »

Where should i begin... :roflol:

- A command where you can see maps from MX in-game (if it exist, what's the command? can't find it)
- A little admin control panel
- Server rankings
- Music server
...yeah.. :?:
toffe

Post by toffe »

Thanks for the suggestions, they are really good. Currently we're having a little less time, but we will pickup the line asap and start developing new features.
The admin menu suggestion is given in several places and will be made with inspiration of the XAseco small toolbar with some mixin of our own. Keep posting your nice ideas as we will make the controller even better ;)

Toffe
endbase

Post by endbase »

Keep up the good work Toffe :) :thumbsup:

Return to “PyPlanet”