PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Python 3 Server Controller for Trackmania and Shootmania for script-only modes.

Moderators: TheM, toffe, NADEO

Nicklander

Re: PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Post by Nicklander »

Other than what I have written above, any plans for future updates ?
toffe

Post by toffe »

Hey Nicklander (and all),

I've been working on my graduation for the last few weeks, so less time for PyPlanet. I'm definitely going to pickup again and implement some new features. First of all I will improve the speed in the upcoming bugfix version. And implement some features for 0.7.0.

Greetz,
Toffe
Nicklander

Post by Nicklander »

Glad to hear that ! :thumbsup:

What's the max amount of saved local records in the database per map ? Top100 Locals saved ?
Currently there’s top15 shown in the widget, can I increase it somehow to show top30 like in Xaseco ?
What about dedi records ? Can I increase the amount of players shown in the widget here as well ?

There is also quite a lot of lag. I don't think it's caused by the server, I mean I have more than enough CPU & RAM on the root. I'm running two pools (2 servers) at the moment. Sometimes when there are more players on it (15-20) it takes a couple of seconds before you can "restart your try" which is quite annoying on some type of maps.

Oh and I’d like to insist on the problem with the mania-exchange button to open the track page. As I said in the last post, it overlaps with the top-dropdown-bar and also most importantly players are not getting that it’s actually a button. So many ppl asked me if I can send them the map, I had to explain everytime that the button redirects to mania-exchange.
Coshank90

Post by Coshank90 »

Hello,

- It would be great to be able to move/hide (not f7) the local/dedi-panels, is this possible?
- Top3 planet payout is always nice to have :)

//Coshank
toffe

Post by toffe »

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
I already posted in the dev blog update that I'm currently busy with preparing to move to another country. As soon as I'm settled I'm able to work on PyPlanet again.

Keep posting suggestions and ideas!
Nicklander

Post by Nicklander »

Just one tiny thing. I know that the karma system in PyPlanet is a bit different. Many players are used to +++ and ---. Could you add +++ and --- as an alternative command to ++ and -- ? So that when players use it, it will still increase karma...instead of doing...nothing.
toffe

Post by toffe »

Nicklander wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 13:28 Just one tiny thing. I know that the karma system in PyPlanet is a bit different. Many players are used to +++ and ---. Could you add +++ and --- as an alternative command to ++ and -- ? So that when players use it, it will still increase karma...instead of doing...nothing.
Yeah of course, good idea. Internal ticket can be found here: https://github.com/PyPlanet/PyPlanet/issues/697
Thanks for your suggestion.
Nicklander

Post by Nicklander »

The biggest problem for me right now is that PyPlanet gets terribly slow when running for a few days without restart. Maybe I should use cronjobs for that...
Is it healthy to simply kill all the python3 processes and start pyplanet again with a cronjob ?
toffe

Post by toffe »

That is really weird, can you please contact me on Discord to investigate the issue? Toffe#8999
andrewvinicius

PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Post by andrewvinicius »

Hey guys how are you?

I was playing old trackmania, and i saw there about bet plugin. I think you remember that. So, why we don't do that plugin in tm² with our planets?

Return to “PyPlanet”