PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Python 3 Server Controller for Trackmania and Shootmania for script-only modes.

Moderators: TheM, toffe, NADEO

bass

Re: PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Post by bass »

First off, big thank you!! for your work on this.... :thumbsup:

Not loving the random order of the tracks in the /list. Wouldn't it be better if they were in the current to be played order? Also, it would be nice to see the currently playing map to be highlighted in the list. Am I missing just how you know what the next track is going to be currently?

Thanks again for this so far, awesome controller.

bass
Micmo

Post by Micmo »

Hi,

Here are my suggestions and some I often heard :

- Add the name,comment and player/spec password of the server in the database
==>we don't need to reput everything when we restart the server
==>we don't need to put (each time we change name,comment,passwords)also manually
in server settings files.

-Save the game settings in the database
==>we don't need to reconfigure settings of the game mode(e.g. rounds) when we come back to this game mode.

- In the live rankings widget : Put points of the overall match instead of the current map for cup/rounds mode.
==>we will not see the points being reset to 0 after each map
==>people will not be confused because of the points being different than the ones in the score table

- Ability to customize the UI ingame like in ManiaControl.

- Ability to enable/disable plugins ingame.

- Ability to see and add map from mx ingame with a command like /mxlist.

- Add a little widget where we will see the time of the mx replay wr.

- Add a mx icon in /list next to each map, to find the mx link and also check if an updated version of the track is released(adding in this case a button to update the map).

I guess some can be hard to implement, most important imo are the 3 first in this list :)
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

Micmo wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 19:24 Hi,

==>we don't need to put (each time we change name,comment,passwords)also manually
You can already do all that by editing the server config file. It would be much easier to have pyplanet save the file, not sure if it's not already doing so.
Micmo wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 19:24 -Save the game settings in the database
==>we don't need to reconfigure settings of the game mode(e.g. rounds) when we come back to this game mode.
This can be achieved by simply loading/saving match settings.
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
Micmo

Post by Micmo »

oliverde8 wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 00:13
Micmo wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 19:24 Hi,

You can already do all that by editing the server config file. It would be much easier to have pyplanet save the file, not sure if it's not already doing so.
Micmo wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 19:24 -Save the game settings in the database
This can be achieved by simply loading/saving match settings.
I know we can 'already do all that' that's why I said :
we don't need to put (each time we change name,comment,passwords)also manually
But It will be more easier for players to just change the name/passwords/comment with a ingame command and it will be automatically save in the database instead of each time :

change with an ingame command or in a web tool like adminserv --> connect to the ftp --> find the server config file --> edit --> save. To keep these settings for the next restart server.

In ManiaControl, it's saved automatically in the database.

For the match settings you're right. I need to test the //writemaplist command.
SK

Pool defining

Post by SK »

hi,

i want to use my pyplanet install on multible servers

is it possible to get a code example on how to use more then one pool with one install ?
endbase

Post by endbase »

Is it possible to make a Force mod plugin for pyplanet ?

Greetz Base
elie520

Post by elie520 »

For starters, I really like your controller so, thanks!

My suggestions are the folllowing two for now:
1- It would be nice to have a "live cp" plugin, not only in Laps mode. This is very useful for long maps like rpg or trial for example. I looked for it a little and couldn't find any mention of such plugin on this forum.
2- It would be really really [...] really nice, in spectator mode, to be able to spec anyone by just clicking on their name on which ever panel they appear in (dedi records or local records or live rankings or live cp).

Love your work! Cheers

Ah and also, if we could use something other than Paypal to donate, that'd be great ;) I don't know if it's easy to setup, but something not requesting an account creation would be nice.
toffe

Post by toffe »

First of all, thanks for your suggestions!
elie520 wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 22:15 1- It would be nice to have a "live cp" plugin, not only in Laps mode. This is very useful for long maps like rpg or trial for example. I looked for it a little and couldn't find any mention of such plugin on this forum.
There is a plugin for RPG which shows the current CP number for every player. It's called Current CPS, and is now available separate (but contains huge bug, which will result in a crash on heavy populated servers) and a fixed version will be part of the next PyPlanet update.
elie520 wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 22:15 2- It would be really really [...] really nice, in spectator mode, to be able to spec anyone by just clicking on their name on which ever panel they appear in (dedi records or local records or live rankings or live cp).
This is a really good one! I'll add it to the list!!
[/quote]

Currently you can donate by PayPal, I think it doesn't require you to create an account if you use the 'button' on http://toffe.me/
elie520

Post by elie520 »

toffe wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 21:36 [...] a fixed version will be part of the next PyPlanet update.
toffe wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 21:36 [...] I'll add it to the list!!
Much love :D
toffe wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 21:36 Currently you can donate by PayPal, I think it doesn't require you to create an account if you use the 'button' on http://toffe.me/
Your link indeed works without account. When I first tried, I wanted to use the link on the pyplanet page, which is https://paypal.me/tomvlk, and seems to require an account.
taraaf

Post by taraaf »

Hello, i know the principal developper of Pyplanet is very busy in his real life for now, is there other any developper can make a proper server rank for Pyplanet like in Mania control ? ( not only the topsums for the top 3 players ).

I really like this controller and on my server the players would like to have a rank for hunt the maps.

I don't know if it is really hard to make this plugin because i suck in computer science, so it's just a wish ;)

Return to “PyPlanet”