PyPlanet for hosting companies

Python 3 Server Controller for Trackmania and Shootmania for script-only modes.

Moderators: TheM, toffe, NADEO

toffe

PyPlanet for hosting companies

Post by toffe »

This topic contains some useful information for hosting companies that are willing to implement PyPlanet in their products.

Preventing users to update in-game
This function is enabled by default and available since 0.6.0. You can prevent users to update PyPlanet in-game (with the //upgrade command) by adding this line to the base.py (or json/yaml):

Code: Select all

SELF_UPGRADE = False
More information: http://www.pypla.net/en/latest/intro/co ... grade-base

Using YAML or JSON for configuration files
Automating the installations of PyPlanet can be a hard thing with the .py setting files. Since 0.5.0 it is possible to use JSON or Yaml files for configuration.
You can switch the configuration mode and files by editing the manage.py or by providing the environment variable values.

Code: Select all

os.environ.setdefault('PYPLANET_SETTINGS_METHOD', 'python') # Can  be 'yaml' or 'json'
os.environ.setdefault('PYPLANET_SETTINGS_MODULE', 'settings')
More information: http://pypla.net/en/latest/intro/config ... g-pyplanet

You can reply on this topic if you have questions about providing PyPlanet as a hoster.
DeRMulti

Re: PyPlanet for hosting companies

Post by DeRMulti »

Hi Toffe,

I'm using a hosted server, which means that I can change setting via UI but not on console. Would it be possible to include all enhancements in the hoster version and configure in UI? I know that means additional UI work.

But this is not my main point.

All updates until 0.9.9 have been implemented automatically for me as a hoster user but since 0.9.10 that process seems broken. Or does the hoster need to do something for the update?

Thanks,
DeR Multi

Return to “PyPlanet”