[Feedback] Shootmania Battle Fun program

Please use this section for sharing questions about CHANNELS or creating a thread for having feedback on your PROGRAMS!

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

[Feedback] Shootmania Battle Fun program

Post by Alinoa »

Hi everyone,

You can have an URL in program channel so that players can provide you with feedback or comments.
And you are welcome for using maniaplanet forums for this purpose ^_^

Cheers :D
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
upsilon

Re: [Feedback] Shootmania Battle Fun program

Post by upsilon »

Hi, I think the main problem of battle is that the team which starts attacking has a huge advantage.

They basically capture the last pole, using the first ones just to renew the clock. It's an often situation when teams with almost equal skill end with 100%-0%.

So my suggestion is to make a battle-like mode where
1) In attack phase players can capture only the first two poles (or only one pole for a low number of players)
2) If they capture those poles, the next ones unlock
3) If the clock goes to zero, other team starts attacking, but now they begin with more time, let's say 15s + 3s for each defense phase this team had. When they restart the clock by touching a pole, it still can't go higher than 15s.

This doesn't apply only to "Fun" Battle, but I haven't found a better topic to post this.
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

This are nice ideas and it would make Battle more balanced I belive but on the other hand I am affraid that this change would punish smart players which use diffrent ways to get to a pole which is not so well protected by the opponent team. Switching between poles to keep the attack running was always something I liked to do. :D
Haven't really played much in the channels but in mp3 I didn't see it often that two equal teams end up 0%-100%. Maybe its also caused by unbalanced maps. ;)
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
upsilon

Post by upsilon »

Thanks for a point, Hype.

Yeah I guess this part of the gameplay will be lost, but not sure is it a good thing or a bad thing.

Either way, it is possible to keep it by letting people reset countdown on locked poles. They will be able to reset the clock, but not to capture.

The first poles difficulty will be the same as in the classic battle, but the attack will be harder to sustain on the last poles. Therefore the defending team will have more chances to come back and the game will be more fun :D

Return to “CHANNELS”