TrackMania Rivals 2

Please use this section for sharing questions about CHANNELS or creating a thread for having feedback on your PROGRAMS!

Moderator: English Moderator

Platysynthesis

Re: TrackMania Rivals

Post by Platysynthesis »

Have a new preview for the next track, "Up The Wall"! It will be added into the next episode along with several other tracks.
LINK TO THE PREVIEW
Platysynthesis

Post by Platysynthesis »

The TrackMania Rivals Server is one step closer to reality. It needs further fine-tuning before it is ready to go public. We should see it ready to go by April 3rd!

Also new in TrackMania Rivals, you can now make your own tracks and have the submitted to the channel!

How to create a track for Rivals (updated 31/1/2021):
  • The track MUST be multi-lap.
  • Canyon, Valley, Lagoon, and Stadium are all allowed. Don't use other cars besides the StadiumCar on the Stadium environment.
  • It MUST have a replay mediatracker. This means adding custom cameras to be played in spectator/replay mode.
  • It can be as long or as short as you want, but the validation time must be at least 2 minutes and 30 seconds long (2:30). Adjust the lap count if necessary.
  • Tech tracks are strongly recommended.
  • Mixmapping is allowed. Go wild!
  • Be considerate of new players. In other words, don't make the track too hard to run through.
  • Use the ManiaExchange signpack for your tracks and use them to mark directions, shortcuts, and obstacles.
  • At least 2 checkpoints must be placed on the track.
  • When using an envi mod, MAKE SURE you have its locator installed so other players can see it.
  • You may use custom blocks/items, as long as they are embeddable. Use OpenPlanet's infinite embed size if necessary.
  • Make it pretty! Add trees, terraforming, decorations, etc. The map weight must be at least 7,000 coppers, but no more than 20,000 coppers to keep performance at its highest.
  • Additionally, the track must have at least default computed shadows.
  • The track also must have a Podium, where the winning cars will be showcased at the end of the race.
  • When you are finished with the track, you may upload it in any way you want (ManiaExchange, MediaFire, etc.). Send me a message here on the forum or on Discord (Clout#5547) with your track for scrutineering. Once that is done, the track will be ready to play on TrackMania Rivals!
Last edited by Platysynthesis on 31 Jan 2021, 18:10, edited 3 times in total.
Platysynthesis

Post by Platysynthesis »

The TrackMania Rivals Server is down (it has been down since earlier this month :P) because I wasn't able to pay for it to stay up.
Once I'm able to achieve the funds, she'll be back up and running!

Otherwise, enjoy TrackMania Rivals!
Platysynthesis

TrackMania Rivals 2

Post by Platysynthesis »

Introducing TrackMania Rivals 2!!

This time, it will feature not just more tracks, but also envimixing! You will now be able to play on all four environments, driving in all four cars.

Coming soon later this month!
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I prefer the old wallpaper of Rivals II :D

I think it was canyon in the background
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Platysynthesis

Post by Platysynthesis »

Florenzius wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 21:13 I prefer the old wallpaper of Rivals II :D

I think it was canyon in the background
You mean the last wallpaper in this thread? Yeah I think that was nice too :D

By the way, I have opened a TrackMania Rivals discord!!
https://discord.gg/kpKpnwk - Use this link to join!

Re: TrackMania Rivals 2

Post by 745 »

Only one hour of Rivals 2 / week :(

This channel is pretty good and diverse, never gets boring.

Can Nadeo add an extra 3 or 4 hours of Rivals 2 replacing some of those late-night channels?
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hello 745,

We did some changes.
Thank you for your feedback!
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Alinoa wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 11:51 Hello 745,

We did some changes.
Thank you for your feedback!
My suggesion is to get 2 channels instead of one!
Because each change of one channel leads to distortion of other channels.
Some "popular" channels run twice a day, and some are swapping on any possible hour of the day which makes it hard for players to follow their favorite channel.

I do like Trackmania Rivals, but changing dates and times causes chaos in the other scheduled channels, which is not good in my opinion.

I really would like to see a bit more consistency in each channel to give every channel hoster and channelfans a bit what they want.
At the moment i think it could only be solved by getting 2 channels for TM instead of one channel.

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.

Post by 745 »

Or maybe a "call for players" for regular events / get-togethers. Open like channels, but there may be not always something up and no exact time for ending, with regulars SmurfsCup(the weekly event), MX KOs, shitfest and some new Chase Laps player gatherings, Pursuit player gatherings, Cup mode, endurance laps, weekly afternoon of stunts, etc.

Return to “CHANNELS”