CSYienge Lagoon Rounds

Please use this section for sharing questions about CHANNELS or creating a thread for having feedback on your PROGRAMS!

Moderator: English Moderator

ChallengeSY

CSYienge Lagoon Rounds

Post by ChallengeSY »

Welcome to CSYienge Lagoon Rounds, a program that will put your driving skills to the tests with a sensitive vehicle.

Although the pool is modest in size, we seek to throw something different with each map. The map pool can be visited via this hybrid link.

Good luck on the roads (and lack thereof), and have fun!
ChallengeSY

Re: CSYienge Lagoon Rounds

Post by ChallengeSY »

In response to a request for easier maps, a survey for this program was available from March 12, 2018 until April 1, 2018.
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi there,

i really like you ChannelProgramm. :1010 Thx, for this!

But i don't like the actual Map selection. :0010

This are absolutly boring tracks, with nothing beutyfull or challenging or tricky inside them.
The Map selection before, was much much better. And i'm not the only one thinking this! ;)

Please bring new maps and make them more interesting again.

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
scavfan

Post by scavfan »

Kinda agree, previous mappack had way better maps (except maybe Beaches of Time :mrgreen: )

On current maps there are many wide turns which are driven at moderate-low speeds, so maps become boring very quickly. Many maps have freewhelling to keep the speed low. On several maps I got bored after finishing them only 2-3 times.

My suggestion: increase map difficulty at least a tiny little bit. You can also put sand, but try not to overuse it. You can also put wood turns, but make them wider or put walls on edges so nobody falls off map. Grass is fine too, as long as it doesn't have too much bumps and has signs pointing back on track.

Maybe even add GPS/Guide on maps if you decide to change difficulty? There is a warmup phase anyway, so I don't think that should be the problem.
ChallengeSY

Post by ChallengeSY »

Sadly, there had been multiple comments that the previous pack of maps had their difficulty too high. Combined with a change in the theme, these were the primary reasons they were all retired. It does not help that Lagoon is not as flexible as other environments.

Now that a foundation is in place, I will be on the lookout for more opportunities for maps that are more legitimately challenging than this pack, especially to counter a nerf that will be applied to Amorphic Experience the next time I roll out an update to the program.

I usually update gradually, so the effects might not even be noticed. I also intend to update roughly monthly as well.

Return to “CHANNELS”