Can't create server configuration for SRE titlepack

Please use this section for sharing questions about CHANNELS or creating a thread for having feedback on your PROGRAMS!

Moderator: English Moderator

ranig

Can't create server configuration for SRE titlepack

Post by ranig »

Hi there! We are trying to set up a channel using the SRE@tm-nascar titlepack (a rather old titlepack based on Stadium). However, we are blocked at the server configuration on the ManiaPlanet player's page. When I am trying to create a new server configuration using the SRE titlepack, the list of scripts is empty, which prevents us from going onto the next step (the configuration itself). When we try with the TMStadium@nadeo titlepack, there is a list of standard scripts such as Laps, TimeAttack, etc.

The question is is that an issue with the webpage itself, or if there is missing in the titlepack itself? If so, what would need to be changed?

Thanks in advance!
Your Trackmania resource for Nascar racing http://www.tm-nascar.com
McBain

Re: Can't create server configuration for SRE titlepack

Post by McBain »

Do you want to run in a special mode? i also had troubles trying to use chase which was not available in the titlepack i aimed to use first. Maybe there is a workaround but also I failed my workaround was using another titlepack...
ranig

Post by ranig »

I just want to use the default scripts from the Stadium title (since the SRE titlepack inherits from Stadium). I was told of a workaround but we couldn't make it work for some reason (the title is pretty old, I'm not sure it was made with the TMStadiumMaker). I tried again to use it (and I also tried the Competition titlepack) but still I was not able to create a new server config.

@Nadeo, do you think you could have a look into this?
ranig

Post by ranig »

Coming back to this issue, because I believe there is a similar problem with the ESL titlepack and the TM2 Island titlepack.

When you create a new episode for your program, the program uses your server configuration to detect which titlepack to use. This implies that the titlepack must have the appropriate script files to create a server configuration, which is not the case for the SRE titlepack for example.

I think it would be better if the program were to use the playlist instead to detect which titlepack to use. For example, I tried using a playlist with SRE maps and a TM2Stadium server config, and this didn't work (the test was not able to run). It would be much more useful this way. After all, most multiplayer servers use either TA, Rounds or Laps scripts which are available in the base titlepacks. I recon that this would imply managing a couple of weird cases, but this would open up more possibilities for the channels ;)

Return to “CHANNELS”