[Fixed]MP games on Steam no longer work as launcher can't login

Moderator: English Moderator

aspiemum

[Fixed]MP games on Steam no longer work as launcher can't login

Post by aspiemum »

I've managed using the download available on the ManiaPlanet website to log on not through Steam but if I click on the games I bought through Steam on the Steam client Games Library it still uses the old launcher & of course it therefore can't log in & if I choose offline no games are available. My games in Steam have had all the updates available through Steam as I have updates set to Auto so the launcher for those who bought their games through Steam has not been updated & it needs to be.
It turns out I've lost access to Trackmania2 Stadium unless I buy it all over again. Its one of the games I bought through Steam & when I log on not through Steam, because I can't log on through Steam, it says I need to buy it or enter a key. I entered the key from my Steam version but it says that I have already used that key. It doesn't then recognise I've bought the game already & allow the necessary update to be installed & give me access to the game even though it says I, not someone, has already used that key. It goes back to the option of buy the game or enter a key. Ordinary Stadium, Valley & Storm even though I bought them through Steam work just fine through the not through steam launcher & Canyon I got from Mania Planet & not through Steam anyway.

Fixed by doing as follows:
aspiemum wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 22:49 The saved password must have become corrupted some how- it wasn't letting me change it before but I tried again after changing the location of the personal & Common Data files in the launcher & this time it let me re-enter the password. Either that or changing the location of the personal & Common Data files to a custom location solved it. Anyway it let me login using the links in the Steam Library.
Miss

Re: ManiaPlanet games on Steam no longer work as launcher can't login

Post by Miss »

Are you logging in to the same account on the Steam build as on the standalone build? The launcher in Steam actually is updated, I can log into it just fine myself. Can you show screenshots of the "old launcher" you see, or any errors you might get?

Also, if you have troubles with your account, you should contact Ubisoft support, since they handle all the Maniaplanet game licensing things.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
aspiemum

Post by aspiemum »

I use the same login details regardless of which method of logging in I use. One method I can login but can't use all the games I have bought & the other method looks just like with either method before I updated the launcher for not through Steam use. Its just like the Steam version hasn't updated the launcher even though I've installed all the updates that came through Steam.
aspiemum

Post by aspiemum »

The saved password must have become corrupted some how- it wasn't letting me change it before but I tried again after changing the location of the personal & Common Data files in the launcher & this time it let me re-enter the password. Either that or changing the location of the personal & Common Data files to a custom location solved it. Anyway it let me login using the links in the Steam Library.
Alinoa

Re: [Fixed]MP games on Steam no longer work as launcher can't login

Post by Alinoa »

Thank you for having shared on forums how you fixed your issue, this may help other players :thumbsup:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”