account questions

Moderator: English Moderator

Cheatman97

account questions

Post by Cheatman97 »

Hi, I bought the three TrackMania2 environments (Stadium, Canyon, Valley) from the official webpage some years ago, and I activated the codes in my ManiaPlanet account. Now if I buy the Lagoon from Steam, and not from the official page, will I be able to activate it in the same ManiaPlanet account, or will I have to launch it through Steam to play Lagoon, and in normal mode (with my account I'm currently using), to play in the other environments?
I'd like to have them all in one account, but per moment, I could only purchase it on Steam. Asking this especially because I'd like to play with the multi environment mix mode, but I can't, since I don't have Lagoon.
Thank you very much in advance.
TMarc

Re: account questions

Post by TMarc »

In order to activate Lagoon on your Maniaplanet account, you imperatively need to install and launch Lagoon from Steam at least once.
It might not work at the first start when I see the issues others have.

After that you might try to play Lagoon in the standalone Maniaplanet.

Since many things have changed since the last major release, it is possible that Lagoon will always work only in Steam in the worst case,
or in best case that switching titles is working now, but I don't know since I have always purchased the titles on the official Maniaplanet store page.
Therefore it would be great if you could try and tell us then.
Cheatman97

Post by Cheatman97 »

Thanks for the reply, maybe I'll give it a go. I'll give feedback here if I could active it in my main account or not.
Actually if it doesn't work, I might just get in contact with the ManiaPlanet admins and ask them to migrate the game (my activation key) if it's possible. Who knows.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Attention, the activation of keys purchased in Steam works automatically - with the Steam version of the game.
You should indicate your existing Maniaplanet account at the start of Lagoon (again: Lagoon started from Steam).
Cheatman97

Post by Cheatman97 »

Thanks for the information! And sorry for complicating this thing so much, but does it work the same way if I buy it on Uplay?
Miss

Post by Miss »

TMarc, do you know if you can start the non-Steam version of ManiaPlanet after "linking" your account to Steam? I wonder if they're doing a secure auth check that permanently links it or just a "temporary" authentication when you start it via Steam?

(Simplified question: Do you need to start the game via Steam if you buy it via Steam, or can you use the standalone too?)

I bought a Lagoon copy on Steam, but I already "own" Lagoon until MP5 comes out due to being part of the Lagoon beta.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Cheatman97, you don't need to apologize, it is indeed complicated but it is not your fault :)

All I know is that keys, regardless where they have been purchased, don't work immediately on other game selling platforms.

A key purchased with Uplay needs to be registered within Uplay, and a key purchased with Steam needs to be registered within Steam.
And a key purchased in the original Maniaplanet store does not work directly on Uplay or Steam.
Note that keys that were sold buy Steam and Uplay are indicated in batches, perhaps once a week or once a month, I don't know exactly, to Nadeo.
But for the other direction, e.g. if you want to use a regular key in Steam, the Ubisoft support needs to be contacted so they can transfer the key to Steam.

Now, once a key was registered successfully (this works automatically after installation and lauching the title in Uplay and in Steam) to a Maniaplanet account,
then the corresponding title should be available also on the standalone Maniaplanet version.
This is especially important if you intend to use the "multititle titles" on servers, because only the standalone version of Maniaplanet allows a seemless transition between the different titles.
In Steam, a title is always a separate instance of the game, this means you have to exit e.g. Canyon and then also the Maniaplanet instance, to be able to play Valley, etc.

What about Uplay, I don't know.

But I can't prove all this, since I did neither purchase keys in Steam nor in Uplay.
I only had registered existing Keys in Steam a long time ago, and I did it only for Canyon and Stadium,
but not for the other titles, since I'm only using the standalone version.

Miss, I don't know if there is really such a complicated check. I think it is only a check of the account against the keys stored in the Steam database.
If a key is not there, the game cannot be registered to Steam.
And because of the multitile issue, I think that adding external Maniaplanet titles to Steam is useless IMHO.
However I can understand that players want all their titles registered in Steam simply for easy backup.

If you buy the title/the key in Steam, AFAIK you need to install it and start it from Steam.
I don't know if the key is already available if you don't do that.
If you never touched Lagoon in Steam, you should be able to tell perhaps?
Miss

Post by Miss »

I'm asking because Nadeo changed the way how the games are authenticated on Steam. With Canyon/Valley/Lagoon you indeed get a regular ManiaPlanet key that gets registered automatically once you log in. For Lagoon they changed it, there's no longer a key involved there.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Miss wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 20:38 I'm asking because Nadeo changed the way how the games are authenticated on Steam. With Canyon/Valley/Lagoon you indeed get a regular ManiaPlanet key that gets registered automatically once you log in. For Lagoon they changed it, there's no longer a key involved there.
isn't it a typo?
Canyon/Valley/Stadium ? ;)

So, in Steam you do not have anymore the "CD Key" in the library (for Lagoon only)?
Did you ever install it in Steam?
I guess you would need to create a new account, because you already have Lagoon on your existing Maniaplanet account?
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

TMarc is right. To link your maniaplanet account to Lagoon bought on Steam, you have to start Lagoon in Steam and to enter your existing maniaplanet account during your first connection.
Your maniaplanet account will be linked to all games and you will be able to play Lagoon even outside Steam ;)
If you linked your Lagoon game to a wrong account, you could contact the support for asking to dissociating your Lagoon game from this account: https://support.ubi.com/
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”