Maniaplanet Graphics error

Moderator: English Moderator

Thorh62

Maniaplanet Graphics error

Post by Thorh62 »

For the past few days I have been experiencing a graphics problem and I haven't been able to find a solution for it. I will try to explain the situation in detail here.

I have been enjoying trackmania on my laptop for the last 6 months and for the most part everything worked fine. Nevertheless every once in a while when I would tab out of fullscreen to do something else on my computer, when tabed back in the graphics would look all messed up. The resolution would be off and the colors distorted. This happened very rarely, maybe once every 50 times ? It wasn't a big deal really. Then in order to fix the problem I would have to restart my game and everything was back to normal.

A few days ago NVIDIA published a new driver for my graphics card and after the update the exact same graphical error happens every single time I start up the game :roflol: . The only way to avoid the graphics problem is to start up the game in Windowed mode or in Fullscreen mode with different resolution than the standard 1920x960. Then I have the option to change the resolution back to Fullscreen mode and 1920x960 ingame and the game works fine until I tab out again. When I tab back in the graphics are distorted every time now instead of 1 in 50 times :? . This is obviously frustrating since I want to be able to tab out to change music/podcasts etc...

Attempts to fix it:
I Uninstalled and reinstalled Maniaplanet
I replaced the driver for my graphics card with one from 6 months ago that I have been using successfully up to now.

both attempts failed. :(

If you would like to see a picture of what I tried to describe above (about how the graphics are distorted) I would be happy to provide one. The forum doesn't let me attach an image here unfortunately.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :thx: .
Thorh62

Re: Maniaplanet Graphics error

Post by Thorh62 »

https://imgur.com/a/SrAHyCZ

Ok here is the pic, I saw in an other post that I can cheat the system and post the link this way :twisted: . As you can see the image doesn't fit the screen and the colors are crazy. I took this picture with my phone because the printscreen option would produce a perfect looking image as if nothing was wrong :?
Miss

Post by Miss »

Have you tried launching the game in WindowedFull mode?

3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Thorh62

Post by Thorh62 »

Yes actually WindowedFull works great! I didn't try it initially because in the launcher under the choice "WindowedFull" the resolution goes only up to 1600 instead of 1920, but when I look at the resolution in game it says under "WindowedFull" that the resolution is 1920x960?!!?

My only reservation is that, as far as I know WindowedFull drains the computer resources more than Fullscreen mode and my computer is terrible in the first place. I can barely get 50-60 fps in very fast settings in Fullscreen mode.

I will try using it over the next few days and see if there is any drop in quality. If there is no drop in quality my problem is solved :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”