Cannot connect to the master server since last update[fixed]

Moderator: English Moderator

nevermind1993

Cannot connect to the master server since last update[fixed]

Post by nevermind1993 »

Hello,

The title pretty much sums up my problem. But here is a little bit of in-depth:

I have never had issues with connecting to a game before. Yes I did have issues with creating lobbies or hosting my own local server because of NAT, but never connecting. I can connect to absolutely everything on the web and any game, besides Maniaplanet.

Here comes the weird part, I have tried pinging the "relay02[dot]v02[dot]maniaplanet[dot]com" (this was usually the server my game was connecting before) and it receives almost consistent time outs. Sometimes 2/20 pings it receives a response (I have no idea how). This happens on my PC, laptop, phone which are all connected to the same router. But, if I try to ping the server with my phone connection I have absolutely no issue, it receives consistent responses.

Because of this, I have enabled NAT port forwarding for the TM ports (2350-2450; 3450-3550) and somehow it worked for like 30 seconds. It allowed me to connect to the game and it worked until I closed it (had no issue while playing online, but it was only one server, could not connect to another).

Now I have also seen that ports 80 and 443 have to be enabled for TM to work which is pretty much any online app, but as I have said I have no issue with connecting to anything else.

What I assume is that there is a mix of Maniaplanet and my Connection problem, but I'm literally out of ideas to try... This has never happened before.

Let me know if something is unclear and I will give further details.

Thank you.
speedychris

Re: Cannot connect to the master server since last update

Post by speedychris »

my MP connectet today to relay01[dot]v04[dot]maniaplanet[dot]com, i think your url is wrong.
Miss

Post by Miss »

The relay used is random.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
nevermind1993

Post by nevermind1993 »

Yes, the relay doesn't matter, from what I have seen now the game is stuck at init[dot]v04[dot]maniaplanet[dot]com, which I suppose is the initial server the game connects to.
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

When your game restarted after the update, did you get the question (small white box) re allowing Maniaplanet to connect to the internet? Has your firewall now blocked the game?
Might be worth checking the settings anyway, as some recent updates have created multiple Maniaplanet entries in the firewall list for some reason (Win 10) - some marked as 'Private', some as 'Public' and some as both.

The issue with your ping seems a bit weird but I suspect your router might need to be rebooted, assuming I understand correctly that all devices connecting via the router have problems but your 'phone connects to the 'net directly.

Cheers :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
nevermind1993

Post by nevermind1993 »

After the update I did not get the window that asks for the firewall "allowance", because it is already allowed (network hasn't changed between updates).
My windows firewall is not used because it is overriden by BitDefender firewall. Inside bitdefender all ports are allowed, and maniaplanet (both game and launcher) have full access. I have tried disabling the antivirus and let the windows firewall and then got the window you mentioned and allowed the game, still with no change.

About the router, every time after setting up the NAT ports I have restarted it.

I will check the windows 10 firewall when I get home from work as you suggested.
nevermind1993

Post by nevermind1993 »

Update regarding the topic:
I have reset router settings to default and remade the connections again and it seems to work consistently, I guess the topic can be closed.

Thanks for the help guys :)
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

:thumbsup: :clap: ..... :3

Good to hear. :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
Alinoa

Re: Cannot connect to the master server since last update[fixed]

Post by Alinoa »

Hey nevermind1993,

Good news and thank you for having shared your solution on forums ^_^
This may help other players as well :thumbsup:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”