How to avoid textures popping / clipping - LoD issue (in RPG maps mainly) ?

Moderator: English Moderator

Harest

How to avoid textures popping / clipping - LoD issue (in RPG maps mainly) ?

Post by Harest »

Not sure what the technical term is, i think it's clipping but it also point something else.
Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a specific parameter in the advanced settings of the ManiaPlanet launcher to solve the issue i've where textures change on-screen in front of me on RPG maps. It may not even be clipping / popping but more of a LoD (Level of Detail) issue. Like i can see rocks w/ textures for instance but their form abruptly changes when i'm approaching them.
Would it be the Geometry Details parameter ? And if yes, will it almost only affects the VRAM used or it'll have an important CPU impact too ?

I'm currently using Very fast preset so Geometry Details is also on very fast. I didn't see any setting for something like the distance / range where stuff is rendered.

My conf. : Core 2 Quad Q9400 @2.67Ghz, ATI 7870 2 Go, 8 Go RAM, Win7 x64.
Edit : Tested to set an RPG profile with Geometry Details on very high, it didn't change anything visually. I assume there's more to change.
Edit², here is a video of the issue (recorded in 720p30 only sorry ; and you'll also hear Massa in the background ahah i did it quickly ; i never saw a Youtube processing that long, especially for a 30s video) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKBMRslZyTc
Skyslide

Re: How to avoid textures popping / clipping - LoD issue (in RPG maps mainly) ?

Post by Skyslide »

geometry details is the setting i think

and i make those lods i should fix them, but i got a 88k map to 40k .. so.. i can take that crap.

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”