(Map)Editor features with Openplanet

Openplanet is an alternative scripting platform for the ManiaPlanet creative community.

Moderators: Miss, NADEO

McBain

(Map)Editor features with Openplanet

Post by McBain »

Hello, is there already an overview of which (map)editor features are available with Openplanet beside the Standard Installation?
I have some ideas / wishes which may be possible with Openplanet and I dont know where to place them :=)

Cheers McBAin
Miss

Re: (Map)Editor features with Openplanet

Post by Miss »

What are your ideas? :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
McBain

Post by McBain »

Ok, my quick ideas are the following ones. It may be that this is already possible and I just suck using the editor :oops:

1) Selector Button of Blocks/Items:
in old tmuf, if you click this button you will also copy the z-Level of this block. In Maniaplanet it is for sure not the default setting and also you cannot read out the z-Level.
--> first feature would be something to get this z-Level and maybe to save it for later usage

2) UI improved z-Levelling
i imagine a UI where you can save (and see) about 5 z-Positions (and for each of the 5 you can apply them to the block/item block below or from top or from center). Maybe you can even name the 5 z-Positions. Like this you could constantly map on a specific z-Level and change it. Then go to another area and easily going back. When building with blocks the z-Level is found rather fast but with items I struggle sometimes if they have a small rastering...

3) Globally apply a different rastering to items
My ideas would be that you globally overwrite the settings of an item such that i get an easier handling by default.

4) Improved rotation management of items
A UI where you can see the rotation of the current item and you can manipulate it. Instead of just trying with the kb.

As mentioned before I haven't searched very intensively if some of these features already exist but these are the first topics and I imagine 1,2,4 would be implentable in OpenPlanet. For 3 im not sure if Maniaplanet would allow this..
McBain

Post by McBain »

@Miss: I wonder if you have any statement about it.

Like does it already exist, is it possible, is it interesting? Im just interested :)

Return to “Openplanet”