Openplanet Bug in TMT

Openplanet is an alternative scripting platform for the ManiaPlanet creative community.

Moderators: Miss, NADEO

Derfuhr

Openplanet Bug in TMT

Post by Derfuhr »

Hi,

I found a bug caused by Openplanet. In the ranking on online server a kind of ID is displayed instead of my username. After I uninstalled OP the name was correct, after reinstalling OP, this ID is visible again.

@Miss, please fix it.

Sometimes when start TMT, the program freezes, windows say "ManiaPlanet does not React", but it is TMT, no MP-Process is running, why Maniaplanet instead of TMT? Is this caused by OP too?

Best Regards, Derfuhr
Derfuhr

Re: Openplanet Bug in TMT

Post by Derfuhr »

I found out that this happened because no CustomPlayerName was set, the TextBox was empty, after set a Name in the Config, all is good.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Moved this to the Openplanet forum.

I already know about both issues, but thanks for reporting them anyway, so I can keep track of them! :thumbsup:

Edit: Sidenote, the ID there is public information, so there's no need to hide it in a screenshot or anything.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Miss

Post by Miss »

I fixed the issue with the custom player name not being set showing the Turbo account login and will be in next patch.

Don't know yet about the crashes, but if you have any LogCrash files I'd be happy to take a look at them. (They will be here: C:\Users\Username\Documents\TrackmaniaTurbo\LogCrash\)

Also I forgot to mention why it says ManiaPlanet, that's because Turbo is a special flavor of ManiaPlanet.
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Derfuhr

Post by Derfuhr »

TMT does not really crash, this message just says that the program is not responding. When I click on "Wait for program response", it starts a short time later, the health message is displayed and everything is running normally. This message comes only when I click on the freezing window when starting TMT, before fullscreen switch, which happened me accidentally. It takes some time to switch to FullScreen Exclusive mode. Where the duration of the start varies until the full screen change, I also think that it takes longer with OP. I only wondered about maniaplanet, I never noticed that before. That is why I asked. Maybe i never noticed that or i can not remember, because i not played TMT for a really long time. When I saw that there is now OP for TMT, I had to test it :thumbsup:

Current CrashLogs are not there, the last ones are from 2017.

What I noticed in OP, the text encoding should be changed, I see questionmarks instead of chars. For example the Cardssuits ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ in my CustomPlayerName. (only in OP GUI) With the encoding I had already noticed with OP in MP, with some map and player names.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Little notice, the update that fixes the nickname issue is released now! :thumbsup:
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Openplanet”