[MinorBug] Shadow Calculation Bug

Moderator: English Moderator

LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Shadow Calculation Bug

Post by LuckyBoy »

I've downloaded your map to repro the bug, yet it looks many items are missing (Z50_Ivy_ / 32_Prism / 80_Rect / 48_Rect / 68_Rect)
Could you also provide link for that (the map is almost empty without them) ?

Thanks
skellborn

Post by skellborn »

Heyo,

thanks for the feedback.
That's weird. I activated embedded objects. The map is built with the RPG titlepack. Could this be the problem? The items you listed are part of the titlepack (at least i think so, the way they're named sounds like it, as well as i haven't embedded any objects with this name)

And thanks for the kind words Nighthawk ;)
I checked both things, but everything seems normal

Edit:
I just got the bug while calculating the shadows on high as well. Could this have anything to do with having a lot of light sources in the map? I guess it's 150+
Nevertheless i never encountered the bug before mp4.1
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

Hi,
I've reproduce an issue with your map: when I compute shadows without saving the map and reload the map after, shadows are bugged.
Yet when I compute the shadows AND save the map (which is required for online version), the shadows are ok after map reload (even after a game re-start).
In conclusion there looks to be a minor bug with shadow compute when Items/CustomBlocks are used in the map, but the workaround is just to save the map after compute.

Please let us know if you think the bug is more important than that.

Thanks
skellborn

Re: [MinorBug] Shadow Calculation Bug

Post by skellborn »

Mh, that's interesting,, i'll look into it tonight :)
I don't feel like it's a big thing and hinders building too much. As long as it gets fixed in the comming weeks, i'm all for prioritizing other issues :)

Cheers
BestNoob

Post by BestNoob »

skellborn wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 16:53 Hi,

even though i'm finally able to continue building after some patches, i've come across another bug. In around 1 of 3 occasions, the calculated shadows are a huge mess for my map. I've only come across this, when i calculated them on "low" (it's also fixed, when i first let it calculate on low, see the bug and let it recalculate on medium or higher). But still... there seems to be something wrong.
Even more weird, this time, the shadows were alright, when i closed the game yesterday,, but were bugged, when i loaded the map aggain today... really weird ................
I have an equal problem when i render/calculate the shadows and save the map, after quitting the game, the old shadows and the part glitches (invisible etc.) are back, how can this happen ? As long as i dont close the game the map is "fixed" :roflol:
LuckyBoy wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 11:09 Hi,
I've reproduce an issue with your map: when I compute shadows without saving the map and reload the map after, shadows are bugged.
Yet when I compute the shadows AND save the map (which is required for online version), the shadows are ok after map reload (even after a game re-start).
In conclusion there looks to be a minor bug with shadow compute when Items/CustomBlocks are used in the map, but the workaround is just to save the map after compute.

Please let us know if you think the bug is more important than that.

Thanks
To join my TM Servers, search for: bestnoob :thumbsup:
skellborn

Post by skellborn »

Heja,

i wanted to report, that the bug still exists. Even with saving before.
norko2007

Post by norko2007 »

Same or similar in Canyon when edit maps (since last update)
I write in a thread when similar bug have:
viewtopic.php?f=640&t=45111&p=304974#p304974
The problem still here. :cry:
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

If I did shadow calc again, it fixed itself the problem
/\rkady

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”