Mesh Modeler Items/Blocks Conversion Fix, Missing Features and New Features Suggestions

Moderator: English Moderator

VMan2002

Mesh Modeler Items/Blocks Conversion Fix, Missing Features and New Features Suggestions

Post by VMan2002 »

Here are some things about custom items and blocks that should be changed

Currently the following features are missing but don't block conversions:
  1. Adverts (signs) (currently broken UV, not selectable as a material and not customizable)
  2. 3-2-1 lights (currently broken UV, not selectable as a material but do work)
  3. Podiums
  4. Decals (trees, small rocks, bushes, etc)
  5. Lights
  6. Birds (works in custom blocks.. but does it need to be added to items?)
  7. Animated parts of models (currently move to the block's origin and aren't customizable)
  8. Storm Spawn-point screen and Goal visual effects (currently works 100%, but isn't selectable as a material)
  9. Storm torches (currently broken UV and not selectable as a material)
Broken features:
  1. Canyon Tube Free Wheeling, Lagoon/Valley most Turbo/Freewheeling, etc. fail to convert for what looks like the same reason.
  2. Lagoon Hotels, Beach Decorations/Pools, and Podiums don't convert.
  3. Lagoon Ferris Wheel, StadiumSculptBridgeSuspendSlope, is so big, it doesn't even fit in the 3D workspace without needing to be moved.
    However, the 3D workspace seems to be double-sized in the Canyon environment. What?
  4. Lagoon Rollercoaster Transition sign, Stadium 'Nadeo' signs, and Adverts fail to use correct UV mapping.
  5. You can't edit/delete custom blocks/items in the map editor while in title-pack creation mode because it 'belongs to the title pack'.
  6. Stadium custom blocks don't have collision when placed on dirt or a blue fabric surface
  7. Storm gravity changes and Lagoon super magnets don't convert properly
  8. Storm forcefields just don't do anything as an item
  9. Storm bumpers and launchers don't do anything
My feature requests are:
  1. Animated Material Textures
  2. Custom Block/Item skin Types
  3. Custom Clip Types
  4. Custom 3-2-1 lights
  5. Block placement-box and clip editing
  6. Directional Subdivide (Only subdivide in x, y, or z axis)
  7. Trains? I don't know how they work or are made.
  8. Terrain void (This isn't an item feature request, just a feature that can assist items, by allowing terrain to be "void"-able, causing it to be invisible and intangible, this could be a Terraformation sub-mode accessable as an Experimental Feature)
  9. Custom Terrain!? Are you out of your mind? How are they going to implement this? It should be similar to custom blocks, except for terrain. And you can set custom merges for other terrain types.
Demented

Re: Mesh Modeler Items/Blocks Conversion Fix, Missing Features and New Features Suggestions

Post by Demented »

VMan2002 wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 10:26 My feature requests are:
Animated Material Textures
Custom Block/Item skin Types
Custom Clip Types
Custom 3-2-1 lights
Block placement-box and clip editing
Directional Subdivide (Only subdivide in x, y, or z axis)
Trains? I don't know how they work or are made.
Terrain void (This isn't an item feature request, just a feature that can assist items, by allowing terrain to be "void"-able, causing it to be invisible and intangible, this could be a Terraformation sub-mode accessable as an Experimental Feature)
Custom Terrain!? Are you out of your mind? How are they going to implement this? It should be similar to custom blocks, except for terrain. And you can set custom merges for other terrain types.
I love most of these idea too. Would really like to see;
* "Directional Subdivide (Only subdivide in x, y, or z axis)" When I want to achieve this now I will expand the selection in a direction, subdivide, then scale the selection back again. This feature would really simplify that.
* "Trains? I don't know how they work or are made".Basically I'd love to be able to create Dynamic objects & paths.
* "Terrain void" I like this idea along with being able to remove decals in specified (marked) areas.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
VMan2002

Re: Mesh Modeler Items/Blocks Conversion Fix, Missing Features and New Features Suggestions

Post by VMan2002 »

Demented wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 16:23
VMan2002 wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 10:26 Terrain void (This isn't an item feature request, just a feature that can assist items, by allowing terrain to be "void"-able, causing it to be invisible and intangible, this could be a Terraformation sub-mode accessable as an Experimental Feature)
* "Terrain void" I like this idea along with being able to remove decals in specified (marked) areas.
Here's a mockup of a Terrain Void menu (including some new ideas that some could be in a different menu)
1: Terrain Void. Does what I said in my quote above. Or, in other words, just "delete"s the terrain.
2: Decal Void. Removes decals on a block, or on a block of terrain.
3: Invisifier. Makes a block/terrain/item invisible. These are represented in-editor by a translucent object with a white wireframe.
4: Merger. Just sticks blocks/terrain/items together. Using the delete tool on a merged object to unmerge. These merged objects act like regular blocks.

Click here for a full image download in PDN format Openable with paint.net
Demented

Post by Demented »

I like your ideas :thumbsup: I like your mockup icons too.
I suggested in a previous topic a "Paintable" grass remover that lets you just "mark" areas to remove grass from (like painting mediatracker triggers)
Some more thoughts on those ideas...

Nadeo could add two blocks to the terrain menus: One that cuts a hole in the terrain (similar to a tunnel entrance but without an object) and another that does the same with grass or bushes (decals).
Other blocks like roads remove the grass under them (or probably the terrain altogether) thus, if a new block was available that just left a blank spot, items could be placed on them without decals growing through them.
Someone showed me a little trick that works good to modify a block so that it leaves a hole and items can be place over the hole with no grass growing through. A simple block called "Hole" might work, however, this would need to be used with care to avoid falling into the endless abyss. :o

However, your idea of simply being able to "delete" terrain areas or "decal" areas is much better. (I was just trying to think of other ways to do that.)
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Nicklander

Post by Nicklander »

You can easily create a void block ingame, if you place it on the stadium floor, the grass is gone.
To do that, simple take the default road block and erase it's whole body.
I'm currently searching for a way to convert block clips to items in order to edit them and place them freely. Any ideas ?

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”