Can't connect to any server (debug logs included) (gamenetwork.cpp IsEnabled() failed)

Moderator: English Moderator

torafuma

Re: Can't connect to any server (debug logs included) (gamenetwork.cpp IsEnabled() failed)

Post by torafuma »

Did we have any updates on this? I was refereed to this thread based on my original thread viewtopic.php?f=659&t=46758&p=312203#p312203, since I am having the same problem.

The game is literally unplayable for me at the moment no matter what I try.

Thanks
TMarc

Re: Can't connect to any server (debug logs included) (gamenetwork.cpp IsEnabled() failed)

Post by TMarc »

Did you try the silent or offline mode when starting Maniaplanet?
My game is crashing when going "online", either rigth from the start, or later in the game menu.
Apparently something on my system is blocking the chat function but there is no error, just a crash to desktop.
Debuglogs version also does not help much unfortunately.
torafuma

Post by torafuma »

My apologies. I was able to run the game, and connect to servers when in "Silent" mode. Thank you very much! :D
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You seem to have the same issue then ;)
It would be good if we could find out what this is.

Do you know which router / modem you have?
Are you using antivirus or internet security suite other than Windows firewall and defender?
toffe

Post by toffe »

This issue is regarding the method Maniaplanet handles the listening on the broadcast address. It's unrelated to hardware, we confirmed this before. He has exactly the same issue here indeed.
Miss

Post by Miss »

toffe wrote: 09 May 2020, 13:50It's unrelated to hardware, we confirmed this before.
While this is true, it could also be a network driver related issue. Technically still software of course, but on the hardware level.. :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
zglorg

Post by zglorg »

Yop,
I've the same problem with shootmania servers.

I cant connect to any server too.
I played yesterday and today there's a bug.
I try rebooting but no way... :(

What can I do ?

How to make a "debug log" ?

I'm connecting from France, with a fiber. My provider is FREE.
posantos

Post by posantos »

My issue is not to just any server, but sometimes I cannot connect to the Channel which is running - I lately only play Shootmania, I don't know if it affects Trackmania, but I just now tried Battle (cannot enter) and Pursuit is running fine.

I have tried entering the channel:
- via the main image on the center of the screen
- via Storm, then in the list of servers
- via a friend playing there
- in Silent mode.

When it happens, I get the follwing message whatever the method I used:

"Contacting server..."
Contacting server.PNG
Contacting server.PNG (551.02 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

then

"Could not contact server. OK"
Could not contact server.PNG
Could not contact server.PNG (526.32 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

Then, when I join another server, the loading image is the one from the channel I cannot join.
Loading screen.PNG
Loading screen.PNG (615.68 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”