Chained animations are discarded when a layer is hidden
Posted: 14 Oct 2019, 00:25
This is a small bug, but a quite annoying one: if an animation is queued, it is permanently discarded if the layer is hidden before it gets to be played. In other words:
- Use AnimChain to queue an animation of an element.
- Hide the layer before the queued animation is supposed to play (here: show rankings).
- Show the layer again, after the animation is supposed to be done (here: close rankings).
- Animation is instantly played once I become a cop (drive into the blue zone), the number label grows and turns red.
- I open rankings right before the moment my (queued) animation is supposed to play. This hides all UI layers below, including the animated label.
- After a while, I close the rankings, revealing the UI layers again. Animation doesn't play, the label is stuck at being big and red instead of returning to small and white.