[MP4.1] ManiaPlanet icon is gone after some switching to another app (Alt+Tab)

Moderator: English Moderator

Fabinou38

[MP4.1] ManiaPlanet icon is gone after some switching to another app (Alt+Tab)

Post by Fabinou38 » 03 Apr 2020, 15:32

Hello ! :)
After some minutes, ManiaPlanet icon (on the top-left of the window) isn't displayed anymore after switching to another app (Alt+Tab) but it shouldn't be the case following the Windows guidelines.. :?

Cheers,

MixterFab :thx:
Last edited by Fabinou38 on 27 Apr 2020, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
MixterFab38 - Member of LAN Team - Moderator / Translator (FR) of TM²Galaxy - Project Helper of TMOne, of Stornium (by Guerro) and of ThomasFox's (aka Ziyx) projects :)
Here since ManiaPlanet 1 (TM² Canyon) :thx:
MP3 / MP4 beta tester

TMarc

Re: [MP4.1][Quality - Windows guidelines] ManiaPlanet icon is gone after some switching to another app (Alt+Tab)

Post by TMarc » 03 Apr 2020, 17:10

Do you think?
Which Windows Guidelines? Windows 3.1? :lol:

Firefox does not show an icon, not even a name.
Steam does not show an icon, Calc doesn't show, etc.

I guess the icon is only necessary for the display in the task bar, and for the shortcut.
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

Miss

Re: [MP4.1][Quality - Windows guidelines] ManiaPlanet icon is gone after some switching to another app (Alt+Tab)

Post by Miss » 03 Apr 2020, 19:15

Nah, the icon is supposed to be there in Maniaplanet since it's a regular old legacy Win32 app. I have no idea why the icon would suddenly disappear though, but maybe it has something to do with switching between fullscreen and windowed? :?
1070 GTX, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

Fabinou38

Post by Fabinou38 » 27 Apr 2020, 14:38

Hey,

Thomas Fox (aka Ziyx) had the same issue too :
Screenshot sent to a Discord server about maps, he reported some possible improvements, that's why you see some circles :P
He runs ManiaPlanet on Windowed mode as you can see but I really think he plays MP en FullScreen too, he Alt-Tab a lot as he's a Mapper
I don't know what exactly happened but yes that's strange ^^

For "Guidelines", I mean all programs should have a icon (I use that word because Android, iOS, and some others language have their own guidelines :? )

Cheers :)

MixterFab :thx:
MixterFab38 - Member of LAN Team - Moderator / Translator (FR) of TM²Galaxy - Project Helper of TMOne, of Stornium (by Guerro) and of ThomasFox's (aka Ziyx) projects :)
Here since ManiaPlanet 1 (TM² Canyon) :thx:
MP3 / MP4 beta tester

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”