[BUG] Water in Lagoon void

Moderator: English Moderator

Sparkster

[BUG] Water in Lagoon void

Post by Sparkster »

Dear MP Team,

I know Nadeo focuses more on the new Trackmania, yet I'd like to report a bug in Maniaplanet. You know the void removal custom items? In which you make holes leading to the void. Well in all envis except Lagoon it works, last mentioned has still water physics, though. This will make you hear a water splash sound and your car is swimming while in the void, instead of falling into "an endless pit". Even when the forums are quite, yet a bit dead, it would be nice to patch that out, if you don't mind.

I'm looking forward for a response of you. Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards
Sparkster
MrA

Re: [BUG] Water in Lagoon void

Post by MrA »

I don't think Lagoon is behaving differently from any other environment, its just that this time, we are voiding water instead of land.

We are doing that because we want the water physics where we have water.

Our problem: We also want to go down through the water as if its not there, and because its voided, we think its not there, but it is, and so we hit it. Oops there is a splash and the car swims.

If we fix that by removing the physics from voided water, we also loose all water physics and we actually don't want to loose water physics entirely. Whats needed is a way to disable water physics selectively, and I think that is a much more complicated thing.
Enjoying TMOne

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”