A bug in how points are attributed?

Moderator: English Moderator

iamadv8

A bug in how points are attributed?

Post by iamadv8 »

I am playing "Let's play canyon" (taken from the Store) in Solo mode.

Let's make an example
Let's say I am at 5th position in World ranking of a certain track

If I go at 4th place I should get let's say 500 points (the exact amount depends on the total number of players, I think).
Right?

Well that's true if I go at 4th place not with the same time of the guy already at 4 th place.
If from 5th place I go at 4th place with the same time (at milliseconds....) I don't get anything.
Maybe because the program sees that I don't leave the 4th behind me and take his place: I am together him at 4th place
It could be reasonable in this situation that I get one half of the points deserved to 4th place, that should be diminished from the previous "4th place player"

What is worst in this situation, is that if I go from 4th at 3rd place, I don't get any points too!
I still have the points that I had when I was 5th
I have N points when I was 5th, the same N points when I was 4th (with the same time of previous 4th), and I remain still with N points when I go 3rd

Of course the problem is general, don't look at the places (5 --> 4 --> 3) I exemplified.

I repeat that I am seeing this in "Let's play canyon" so I don't know if in a Pack they can use different rules used otherwise in Maniaplanet tracks

Can someone confirm/not confirm for direct experience this behaviour in other tracks or in other Packs?

PS
How is it possible that I make the exact time calculated in milliseconds of another guy?
I experimented the same time in different occasions
I would have thought that this was physically impossible

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”