Is there any dev left at nadeo ?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Xenome77

Is there any dev left at nadeo ?

Post by Xenome77 »

Hey there,

I can't believe that you left MP in this state since the last update there was almost no bug in previous versions it was ugly but at least functionnal.

If someone care enough would it be possible to fix UI settings ? So we can actually change colors stuff or update crosshairs without reloading a map...
Miss

Re: Is there any dev left at nadeo ?

Post by Miss »

Hi, feel free to post bug reports in the appropriate forums, or bump the threads that you think need more attention.

As it stands, we don't know if Maniaplanet is going to be receiving updates any time soon, or at all, considering Trackmania is their current main focus.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Is there any dev left at Nadeo? Yes! Quite a few in fact!

Are they working on ManiaPlanet? In a way. Trackmania (2020) is built upon the technologies that were developed with ManiaPlanet.

The last update for what you think of as ManiaPlanet was sometime in 2019.

As a regular TM2 and SM player (I'm playing and hosting TM2 and SM events weekly), there's a few bugs that I'd love to have fixed in ManiaPlanet too. For example, 3D Triangles in maps crashing online servers, and Ultra Lightmaps being broken.

But the devs can't focus on these old games forever (and they are old... the last TM2 env being released 5 years ago). They have to focus on the new things.

It's already great that the master servers (the ones that let you connect to the game and host servers there) are kept online for many years. This is currently still true even of the older TM games going all the way back to Trackmania Sunrise from 2005. You won't find that with many games.

Hope to see you online sometime! Have a great week!
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Xenome77

Post by Xenome77 »

Hello thank you for the reply,

I understand that you can't work on old game forever but it should have been debugged since 2019.
And then why pushing an broken update this way ? It would have been better for everyone to keep the old working MP version.

And as far as i know there is nothing planned for shootmania but there is still players and community working arround i truly feel like that's not normal.

Regards,
Miss

Post by Miss »

To be quite frank, you say the 4.1 update (assuming that's what you mean with "why push an update") is "broken", and yet you only describe something in your first post that I don't really see as game breaking in any way, more just a very minor annoyance. It's not worth completely reverting such a massive (and generally very beneficial) update for 1 small thing.

I'll close this thread now.

I suggest opening new threads for the bugs you really want to see fixed, or bumping existing threads. Comments like "where are the devs" and "the update is broken" don't really help anyone. :thumbsup:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Maniaplanet”