So, its ManiaPlanet. But what about TMX?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

DeathDriver

Re: So, its ManiaPlanet. But what about TMX?

Post by DeathDriver »

haha Piercy, I know that problem from the ESL Website, being created in 1999/2000... you know how old THAT is :D
You are doing a good work and no doubtly you are doing great in favour of our community.
Nevertheless there are a lot positive aspects of having everything in 1 game on 1 plattform and I definitely love the idea.
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
Raxor

Post by Raxor »

heh DD i remember ESL was a pain to navigate back in the day :). i would say who knows what is going to happen in the future
Vuvuzelas for life! http://www.tm-exchange.com
#et.tm @ Quakenet
DeathDriver

Post by DeathDriver »

navigation got better now... still some parts are pain. BUt it's about getting a new code completely from 0... I will enjoy it then!

Now btt:
I love tmx ^^
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

Piercy wrote:To defend ourselves from that one, yeah we know. The code is extremely old, ideally we would like to rewrite it, that would take way too long to do. However, for tmx2 we was planning on biting the bullet and doing this, making it less clunky and improving the code from the ground up.
It would also help to verify uploaded files before posting them. Corrupted .gbx files that don't load (challenge) or play back (replay) or fail other integrity checks still make it online, sometimes a replay is posted as the track download, and I even saw some thumbnail files posted as tracks. :roll: (And yes, before you ask, I already tried notifying MrA about them, but he didn't seem to care.)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
www.e-gekko.net

Post by www.e-gekko.net »

I hope TMX will use some new way to vote, some new way to share, or i always never agree with them.
They must think that can come the time another user do what they do but better.
And do it from a day to another.
This is a suggestion, cause many times i tested to use TMX/Dedi on my scripts, but they are tooooo unfairy, and sorry, a tournament can't be based on unfairy. (only my opinion, don't flame please!)
I will be very happy if can we work all together, but always see blind users. :|
The Power System (3.1) & TPS Gaseco & TPS OS System Coder
Founder of GFCx, the biggest and Oldest Trackmania Team. The LOL King.
fastforza

Post by fastforza »

Zooz wrote:I was there when it started, and it was great for the first two years :D
Maybe it doesn't seem as great now, but on the coding side of things, TMX is such an advanced application even though it's built in VB. I doubt anyone can come close to what TMX has achieved on the development side of things. It has taken 6 years and 6 developers (more?) to get it to where it is now.
Xymph wrote:It would also help to verify uploaded files before posting them. Corrupted .gbx files that don't load (challenge) or play back (replay) or fail other integrity checks still make it online, sometimes a replay is posted as the track download, and I even saw some thumbnail files posted as tracks. :roll: (And yes, before you ask, I already tried notifying MrA about them, but he didn't seem to care.)
The track upload wizard only checks for extension, so you can change a JPG extension to GBX and it could pass through. :| We'll surely do our best to create a better system. ;)
www.e-gekko.net wrote:I hope TMX will use some new way to vote, some new way to share, or i always never agree with them.
We have had numerous amounts of discussions about our award system including replacements, just there are so many great things/ideas we can implement ... we just can't decide. :lol:
Quiksilver wrote:at this time there are SO much community based projects around TM.

I think it would be great to all combine them into an ingame browser, so you have TM-Tube, TM-X, TM-Rankings, TM-Teams, and allllll the other stuff together.

would multiple ingame windows be an option?
to toggle between a race and TMX?
A great community should be spread out globally and not kept in one place, centralism is just ugly and I don't like it. Ubisoft have brought many communities into one place and destroyed them.
Mania Exchange - Share your maps!

ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z / i7 2600K 3.40Ghz QC / 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 / GTX 560 Ti

Need technical help for ManiaPlanet? Click here. :)
fastforza

Post by fastforza »

Quiksilver wrote:i dont understand your meaning of centralism well.

i think of some websitebrowser ingame with a site to all the different community projects, not all the projects taken under one roof. TMx will still work on TMX, but its all reachable from ingame.
That's quite reasonable and possible if Nadeo would like it to happen. ;)

As for the original question; TMX will officially still be around so don't panic. :ugeek:
Mania Exchange - Share your maps!

ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z / i7 2600K 3.40Ghz QC / 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 / GTX 560 Ti

Need technical help for ManiaPlanet? Click here. :)

Post by Ville »

Just throw TMX admins and coders in Nadeo and they can make an integrated track sharing system similar to TMX but with Nadeoish details as well.

Problem solved :P
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz, ~4.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: 8GB

Return to “Maniaplanet”