Questions and answers

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3905
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Questions and answers

Post by Hylis » 30 Aug 2012, 16:02

Since some people wish to have answers, I opened this thread.

Keep it simple and short and I should be able to answer simply and quickly.

If you want a debate, open a topic for other players to participate. But please avoid to debate in this thread :thumbsup:

User avatar
kripkee
Posts: 907
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 14:04

Re: Questions and answers

Post by kripkee » 30 Aug 2012, 16:15

Hylis wrote:Since some people wish to have answers, I opened this thread.

Keep it simple and short and I should be able to answer simply and quickly.

If you want a debate, open a topic for other players to participate. But please avoid to debate in this thread :thumbsup:
is this only for Shootmania or general?

User avatar
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3905
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Hylis » 30 Aug 2012, 16:20

At the moment, we are on Shootmania.

But the main answer on Trackmania is that we will be back on track in around 2 months from there and so it is better to wait before we can discuss it. It will be a better moment to have Q&A on it.

Maniaplanet 2.0 questions related to Trackmania are ok, off course.

User avatar
kripkee
Posts: 907
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 14:04

Re: Questions and answers

Post by kripkee » 30 Aug 2012, 16:34

Hylis wrote:At the moment, we are on Shootmania.

But the main answer on Trackmania is that we will be back on track in around 2 months from there and so it is better to wait before we can discuss it. It will be a better moment to have Q&A on it.

Maniaplanet 2.0 questions related to Trackmania are ok, off course.
Ok, I will ask "Classic" things:
1.) When do you release Shootmania as Final version?
2.) Do we get new blocks in the Editor?
3.) The Economical ladder, when do you think can we see it and what does it? (No link to the planets topic pls^^)
3.1) The EPs, What can we do with it?
3.2) Where is the different with normalplanets?
4.) The Shootmania environements, we have Storm, which are the differents for other Shootmania titel?
5.) Do you will put Plattform/Elite/Heroes/Joust in the Maingames?
6.) Do you know/hope that nadeo release Valley on the Chrismasdays as Final version? :D
7.) The ranked server calls ameteurs and something like that, can you remove it and give us the something like 0-60000 ?^^
8.) Race of Champions for Shootmania?^^
9.) How can I build a Storm map with a lenght of >= 30 seconds (haha)?^^
10.) Do you will close the masterserver for TMU/NF and integrate it to maniaplanet? :twisted:

I Think this were enough questions for today^^

User avatar
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3905
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Hylis » 30 Aug 2012, 16:59

1. When it is ready, some months from there (between 3 and 6?)
2. Yes
3. We would like to avoid other players to know who have EP atm to avoid other players to ask the planets. It does not prevent to make a ranking one day.
a. The economical points 'consequences' will be worked later. Higher recognition and trust from us to lead to lower moderation price maybe, such as server depots. It is against inflation, so it is good for planets owners anyway.
b. They are set for good. It is your contribution, economical-wise, to the community. When I say 'for good'.. it depends. You may lose them on moderation issues maybe since it would lower your contribution status.
4. Not announced
5. No, but we may release scripts later (not sure) It is done to avoid too many confusion atm.
6. We are working on Valley to release it when it is done. Would be an unlikely and strange coincidence to be on Christmasdays
7. It is a feedback, not a question
8. Name should change to Battle of Champions, or something like that.
9. With Storm ^^
10. No closing atm and no integration.

oiram456
Posts: 611
Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 08:30
Contact:

Re: Questions and answers

Post by oiram456 » 30 Aug 2012, 17:06

The 3rd cover of http://www.maniaplanet.com/manifesto behind Shootmania: Storm and Trackmania²: Canyon,
is it a random pic or a small hint to anything?
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

MrA
Posts: 519
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 17:10

Re: Questions and answers

Post by MrA » 30 Aug 2012, 17:09

How (and when) are we going to get more players? At the moment there is not enough. I go into the game and change the list of servers into a list of players and it is 52 pages, but it doesnt feel like it. There is only a hand full of servers with many people in. If I join my own server and start playing alone, hardly anyone joins, and if they do they leave because its not interesting with just 2 or 3 people. We need more players to enable us to play. Its hard to keep interest in the beta (especially when you say 3 to 6 months of it), with no players.

Sorry if I edge towards debate, the question is simple, how (and when) are we going to get more players?
My PC is now 4 years old, but still going (just about): MB: Asus Rampage II Extreme, CPU: Core i7 940 8MB Cache, GFX: 2x Radeon HD5970 2GB, Memory: 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz, SFX: Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer. Case: Silverstone TJ07.

User avatar
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3905
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Hylis » 30 Aug 2012, 17:42

random oiram

MrA, before inviting too many people into the game, I would like to make it solid and with upcoming good features. So, it is good that it is in beta and that we can work on it without having too many people going in. We may provide additional and longer beta keys to some communities or even players, in order to keep testing with enough people to dig and find good issues, but my list of 'things to do' is too interesting for me to hope for people to come now instead of later.

We have a plan 8-)

User avatar
kripkee
Posts: 907
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 14:04

Re: Questions and answers

Post by kripkee » 30 Aug 2012, 17:47

Hylis wrote:1. When it is ready, some months from there (between 3 and 6?)
2. Yes
3. We would like to avoid other players to know who have EP atm to avoid other players to ask the planets. It does not prevent to make a ranking one day.
a. The economical points 'consequences' will be worked later. Higher recognition and trust from us to lead to lower moderation price maybe, such as server depots. It is against inflation, so it is good for planets owners anyway.
b. They are set for good. It is your contribution, economical-wise, to the community. When I say 'for good'.. it depends. You may lose them on moderation issues maybe since it would lower your contribution status.
4. Not announced
5. No, but we may release scripts later (not sure) It is done to avoid too many confusion atm.
6. We are working on Valley to release it when it is done. Would be an unlikely and strange coincidence to be on Christmasdays
7. It is a feedback, not a question
8. Name should change to Battle of Champions, or something like that.
9. With Storm ^^
10. No closing atm and no integration.
1.) thx
2.) Can you tell us which? or topsecret at the moment? Screenshots in "PuzzleStyle" like first screens of Canyon? :D
3-6) ok
7.) damn^^
8.) which mode do you think should be the best for "battle of Champions" ?
9.) No timeattack, ok ^^
10.) I dream to much^^

Thx for your answers :thumbsup:

User avatar
Electron
Posts: 703
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 18:02
Contact:

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Electron » 30 Aug 2012, 17:52

When will it be possible again to work/play offline with the game?
Why is it not possible at the moment?

Post Reply

Return to “Maniaplanet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests