Questions and answers

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Mikey

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Mikey »

Q: When will the multi-enviro TM2 title pack be updated for MP4
marios2000

Post by marios2000 »

When will you start promoting your games? The playerbase is not gonna grow miraculously.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Did anyone notice you can't put text in your car in the painter anymore ? It used to work and now it doesn't somehow, I just noticed.
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

i7mean wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 08:09 Did anyone notice you can't put text in your car in the painter anymore ? It used to work and now it doesn't somehow, I just noticed.
It works for me. Maybe only you have the problem
/\rkady
moledig

Post by moledig »

I'll have to try and see but so many other things are broken I would not be surprised. :(
Alcator

Post by Alcator »

moledig wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 02:16 I'll have to try and see but so many other things are broken I would not be surprised. :(
I had this problem few weeks ago when I got Lagoon -- turns out you have to select the correct sub-surface to be able to place text on it (like "Windows" / "Chassis" / "Wheels" ...) - it's one of those toggle icons at the bottom.

Check if this helps.
moledig

Post by moledig »

I found that you have to be in "sticker" not "brush" mode to get text to work.
Again not that it matters because we can't see custom cars. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Yeah I found out, it works now. Anyway the post above says it all, who cares ? You're the only one seeing you cool custom car. I don't want to bring this here to be honest.
Raimoraimo

Post by Raimoraimo »

So, do I understand it correctly, that by buying the game through Steam, you get it on Steam, but you also get a Maniaplanet key, I.e. you can play it with your other Maniaplanet titles without steam?

I just bought Lagoon directly from Maniaplanet to support the developers only to find out that they don't give out Steam keys in addition like they used to (I have all other Tm2 titles on Steam even though I always bought them from Maniaplanet...)

Here's the slightly rude support reply from Maniaplanet customer support:

"Last time, we do not supply a Steam Key, whether it is in the past, now or in the future.

If you want the game on Steam, we invite you to buy him on Steam.

Feel free to contact us if you need any further information."

But see this Maniaplanet facebook post (granted, it's from 2013 but yes it did happen...)

https://www.facebook.com/ManiaPlanet/po ... 6530533861

So, where's our Steam keys now? (I know I don't need them to play, but I would want it for completeness' sake, and for future proofing...)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

This does not sound like the "official" support. Please write me a PN with the original reply you have received.

For explanation: keys can be sold on different platforms. Once they are registered on a Maniaplanet account, you can play with the regular standalone version, regardless where you have purchased it.
Now, since Maniaplanet #4 version, things have apparently changed a bit. Some users can play it only with Steam running, some users need Uplay running.
It mostly depends where they have purchased the game exactly.

In Steam once was able to add a game license, e.g. I was able to add my regular keys there, but it is possible that it takes a while until you can do so.
Because as far as I know, the key databases are not common and there is need for manual transfer of keys.
If it is still working like this I don't know, but we can still ask.

Return to “Maniaplanet”