Questions and answers

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Miss

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Miss »

Clarification: Lagoon on Steam does not provide MP keys anymore, meaning you can't register any such keys from regular to Steam. This is by design.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

See also this topic for a debate about steam and gamekeys (or the lack of it since lagoon) and valudationcodes and security: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41583&p=289190&hilit=Steam#p289190

Greetz
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
marios2000

Post by marios2000 »

Is there any reason we can't get the feature to download solo replays in maniaplanet (like it was possible in Tmu) ? It would be very useful, since many replays aren't uploaded to maniaexchange.
Raimoraimo

Post by Raimoraimo »

Miss wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 22:45 Clarification: Lagoon on Steam does not provide MP keys anymore, meaning you can't register any such keys from regular to Steam. This is by design.
Why? Sounds like a very bad design compared to how it used to be.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Raimoraimo wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 21:12
Miss wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 22:45 Clarification: Lagoon on Steam does not provide MP keys anymore, meaning you can't register any such keys from regular to Steam. This is by design.
Debatable. This now means that Maniaplanet games finally work exactly the same as 95% of all other Steam games, where entering a key into the game is not necessary, nor will a key ever be shown to you, avoiding further confusion if the key does happen to automatically register on the game.

The only advantage to having a key is that you can register your game on both regular MP and Steam, and still have it use the same license. I'm not sure that advantage is a very interesting advantage to most users if you take into account that the Steam purchasing process is a lot easier now.
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Raimoraimo

Post by Raimoraimo »

Miss wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 21:24
Raimoraimo wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 21:12
Debatable. This now means that Maniaplanet games finally work exactly the same as 95% of all other Steam games, where entering a key into the game is not necessary, nor will a key ever be shown to you, avoiding further confusion if the key does happen to automatically register on the game.

The only advantage to having a key is that you can register your game on both regular MP and Steam, and still have it use the same license. I'm not sure that advantage is a very interesting advantage to most users if you take into account that the Steam purchasing process is a lot easier now.
Well it's a huge bummer to me. I'd prefer to have all games I can on Steam even if I had them elsewhere as well, as a kind of backup. I kind of trust Steam a lot more than random smaller companies in longevity, or at least longer lasting access to "my stuff". In this case I just bought it from MP out of habit, and to support the developers (which now backfired...)
Miss

Post by Miss »

I don't think buying from Steam vs. buying from Nexway makes a difference here in supporting Nadeo, I'm going to assume Nexway also takes a 30% cut (not to mention Ubisoft probably ALSO takes a 30% cut).
I also stream and tweet.
Stringers

Post by Stringers »

What is the next game, SM Cryo? Or another TM Turbo for Shootmania? Maybe even Trackmania 3?
ramborue

Post by ramborue »

Hi.

Why wont either created tags or recieved tags show ingame? Ive always used it but now its gone. Just made another one in maniaplanet account manager, but it wont show? Shows only in my web profile.

Reg Rambo
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

Stringers wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 06:00 What is the next game, SM Cryo? Or another TM Turbo for Shootmania? Maybe even Trackmania 3?
QuestMania, or SM Turbo are expected by me :)
/\rkady

Return to “Maniaplanet”