Questions and answers

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Xenome77
Posts: 144
Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 21:42

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Xenome77 » 03 Nov 2014, 23:56

1 year per update... seems like too long ... this game need some fix not new gameplay evry year.
How it's possible to be quiet atm ? Again fail communication in my pov.
Since begining you just do what you want without listening good player to put the game in good ways. Now it's just dead as fuck then you still do same mistake. Advertise on PowerUp 1 year before ...
This game should be finish now just fix and small update evry month. But no it's better to make huge update with many bugs like we wait 6 month to play in MM correctly.
But yes was nice move to put back go4 for GA fear about losing the last part of comunity ?

novationx
Posts: 2723
Joined: 10 Aug 2013, 22:33

Re: Questions and answers

Post by novationx » 04 Nov 2014, 00:46

Xenome77 wrote:1 year per update... seems like too long ... this game need some fix not new gameplay evry year.
How it's possible to be quiet atm ? Again fail communication in my pov.
Since begining you just do what you want without listening good player to put the game in good ways. Now it's just dead as fuck then you still do same mistake. Advertise on PowerUp 1 year before ...
This game should be finish now just fix and small update evry month. But no it's better to make huge update with many bugs like we wait 6 month to play in MM correctly.
But yes was nice move to put back go4 for GA fear about losing the last part of comunity ?
@Xenom:
Dont forget that the Matchmaking is now currently at version 8 or 9 ( still lots of bugs, but its better every week, not every year. ) And that we had 2-3 updates after april. ( small, but it counts )
+ a lot of things are reported on the forums & fixed. ( also counts )


@Hylis:
If you want to wait 1month or 10year for an update --> It's your decision. But how longer the community needs to wait the more teasers we expect. For me this is logical.

I understand your argumentation, but being quiet so long does not have a positive effect.
You said it yourself: "Teasing can make big updates look bigger." Why is that a bad thing?

The absolute advantage of teasing = keep players "think/talk" about the game.

"Oh yeah! Look at that new block NADEO will release. I think I'm gonna play some more ShootMania because it will be awwwwwesome after the update."

VS

" *4months nothing* --> no expectations, nothing new, everyday same gameplay --> Steam Sale of a new game --> Buys that new game, bye bye ShootMania. "
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3962
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Hylis » 04 Nov 2014, 08:46

I agree that we should communicate often, but if it's too much in advance, it makes people only wait for the update, start to lose patience etc. So, once we will have done this quiet period, with support to player creation & competitions as I said, then we will be able to communicate as often, but closer to releases. GTA V did not started at first year of dev. Things can take time, and even if Shootmania is from last year and Maniaplanet 3 is from this year, we need time to make the next step as solid as possible. The Gamers Assembly is in 5 months and we are still making update, like one upcoming this month on matchmaking, battle, combo or else. And the free access is a way to support this time. Power Up is more than a new game, it's a way to see more and more game on top of Shootmania. CS & Dota comes from tool provide to community, and ours still need to be improved for this to happen. I would not trade the arrival of a new game for Maniaplanet + Shootmania + Power Up ^_^

aprror
Posts: 55
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 12:43

Re: Questions and answers

Post by aprror » 04 Nov 2014, 10:14

I heard there will be warmup period for the battle mode?
I wonder how this will be executed? Because in elite, 90% people wants you to just skip the warmup and play.
if this is the same case in battle, it will create the same frustration to wait every people press f6 or wait the timer to end..?
If every player dont react fasts and you have to wait long in every map, you probably end up leaving the server? This is the problem that i see, and if it happens before every map start, you have trouble before every map.

I think warmup is decent idea but i think true playing is the top 1 idea that overrides everything :D
I dont know would i have patience to wait 1-3min before every map starts. It just puts extra curve to the road. I guess it would be possible to disable from the script, but others still determines is it switched on/off where i play.

But keep it coming, its nice to see stuffs :thumbsup: This is just my first reaction!

User avatar
Cerovan
Posts: 2044
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 11:27
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Cerovan » 05 Nov 2014, 10:23

I have separated the the off-topic into a new topic: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29679
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

MrA
Posts: 526
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 17:10

Re: Questions and answers

Post by MrA » 07 Nov 2014, 22:43

aprror wrote:I heard there will be warmup period for the battle mode?
I wonder how this will be executed? Because in elite, 90% people wants you to just skip the warmup and play.
if this is the same case in battle, it will create the same frustration to wait every people press f6 or wait the timer to end..?
If every player dont react fasts and you have to wait long in every map, you probably end up leaving the server? This is the problem that i see, and if it happens before every map start, you have trouble before every map.

I think warmup is decent idea but i think true playing is the top 1 idea that overrides everything :D
I dont know would i have patience to wait 1-3min before every map starts. It just puts extra curve to the road. I guess it would be possible to disable from the script, but others still determines is it switched on/off alawhere i play.

But keep it coming, its nice to see stuffs :thumbsup: This is just my first reaction!
I would hope a warmp-up in battle can typically last 30-45 seconds, to allow a little time to explore the map, and more importantly, to allow auto-balance to run once the server population has settled from after the previous match. (People who wanted to leave have left, those who intended to play on have fetched a drink or been to the bathroom, and maybe 1 or 2 new people came in)..... In this way auto-balance runs at a stable moment for the server, rather than during map change. (I'm thinking more of the 20+ player battle servers.)

I wouldn't imagine any need for everyone to declare they are ready, it would just be a countdown much like warm-up in Trackmania. I know Hylis also had some ideas for battle matchmaking, so perhaps in that case a warm-up is wanted where players click ready and teams are more specific.
Enjoying TMOne

User avatar
Harrison_rus
Translator
Translator
Posts: 734
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 17:16
Location: Russia

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Harrison_rus » 19 Nov 2014, 13:58

Hey, Nadeo, why after last patch you remove animations for signs (that use a .webm image) in the editor and intro? I thought, that it new feature. It looks for me more great and beautiful, than static image how in tm1.
If more players want back this, you back it? Thank you!
Image

User avatar
Demented
Posts: 2321
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 13:17
Location: United States

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Demented » 21 Nov 2014, 15:46

Why does the Stadium Car have a Driver in it but none of the other environment cars do?
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

User avatar
adamkooo2
Posts: 1357
Joined: 13 Jun 2014, 08:43
Location: Slovakia / Slovensko,
Contact:

Re: Questions and answers

Post by adamkooo2 » 21 Nov 2014, 16:03

Demented wrote:Why does the Stadium Car have a Driver in it but none of the other environment cars do?
Because this is TrackMania. You can see s driver in stadium car because it is normal. Example: Valley car haven´t driver because driver is IN the vehicle. You can´t see the driver ,because Nadeo isn´t created the driver.
/\rkady
Image

User avatar
Harrison_rus
Translator
Translator
Posts: 734
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 17:16
Location: Russia

Re: Questions and answers

Post by Harrison_rus » 21 Nov 2014, 20:27

This is feature of tm. I very like this.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Maniaplanet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests