[Forum] Tweaks

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

tcq

Re: [Forum] Tweaks

Post by tcq » 18 Jun 2010, 17:09

haenry wrote:So my idea is now to add such thinkgs to each page. If there is atopic with many pages, than it would be more easier to see on which page a new post is. Because when you always click on the last page and there are some new posts on the page before, than these posts have no red sheet anymore. Than it's abit annoying to look, which posts you already read and which not.
I hope it's explained clearly enough ;)
This is exactly what i'm looking for. And also the possibility to rate posts would be great.

xis101

Post by xis101 » 18 Jun 2010, 17:16

I would like to have a language selector.
First you can select the languages you understand and then:
When you click on "Active Topics" or "New Posts" you get only posts/topics of your selected languages.

w1lla

Post by w1lla » 18 Jun 2010, 17:29

make a selection of only the dates the posts where made in a particular forum.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs

russianx

Post by russianx » 18 Jun 2010, 19:02

Zooz wrote:Rating of individual posts might be a bit much.
This doesn't have to be included in all of the forums. "Ask and answer" forum could very much need something like that.
Image.ru

JumperJack

Post by JumperJack » 18 Jun 2010, 20:23

imo post ratings fit at blogs, but are not needed for forums this size.
CMC JumperJackツ

Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster » 18 Jun 2010, 20:58

tcq wrote:
haenry wrote:So my idea is now to add such things to each page. If there is a topic with many pages, than it would be more easier to see on which page a new post is. Because when you always click on the last page and there are some new posts on the page before, than these posts have no red sheet anymore. Than it's abit annoying to look, which posts you already read and which not.
I hope it's explained clearly enough ;)
This is exactly what i'm looking for. And also the possibility to rate posts would be great.
If you go into a forum, in the topiclists, then the topics that haven't been read by you yet, will be another colour.
If you click on the small square orange icon in front of a topic title (with a new post) you will go to the first unread post. (hover mouse over the icon, it is even explained) ;)
On the right, where you can see "last post by" is another one of those icons, click on it to go directly to the last (newest) post.

tcq

Post by tcq » 19 Jun 2010, 11:17

Perfect, now the forum is really great to work with :)

Kakkoii

Post by Kakkoii » 19 Jun 2010, 18:32

How about the youtube video plugin for the forum? There are plenty of free ones for PHPBBS based forums like this. So people can embed youtube videos in posts for people to see. Or perhaps even on of the multi video source plugins that support many different video sites, like dailymotion and vimeo also.

dec

Post by dec » 19 Jun 2010, 19:27

Kakkoii wrote:How about the youtube video plugin for the forum? There are plenty of free ones for PHPBBS based forums like this. So people can embed youtube videos in posts for people to see. Or perhaps even on of the multi video source plugins that support many different video sites, like dailymotion and vimeo also.
And TmTube of course ;)

Kakkoii

Post by Kakkoii » 19 Jun 2010, 20:05

dec wrote:
Kakkoii wrote:How about the youtube video plugin for the forum? There are plenty of free ones for PHPBBS based forums like this. So people can embed youtube videos in posts for people to see. Or perhaps even on of the multi video source plugins that support many different video sites, like dailymotion and vimeo also.
And TmTube of course ;)
Well I wasn't exactly going to list off every video site out there.. that's what the word "like" was used for..

But if TmTube has some PHPBB code for doing that with their players, sure.

Return to “Maniaplanet”