Maniaplanet Update #3 information

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Demented

Re: Maniaplanet Update #3 information

Post by Demented » 14 Mar 2014, 13:59

I'm sure they are aware of what ever it was you pointed out to them. The biggest point of the tests is to make them aware of things they may have missed or issues that only occur under specific PC configurations but the developers still have to decide which issues are a priority to fix or change and what affects the most people. Maybe these problems you mention will be fixed in the next evolution of the game. Also it's important to realize that programming is tricky in that sometimes fixing one issue can create ten new ones and that can escalate into a mess not worth getting into until a solid reconstruction can be done.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack » 14 Mar 2014, 15:13

-Zenit- wrote:I would love to get invited *_* but there is one problem: i dont feel they need the help of the testers. I was B2 tester for canyon and got a random shootmania key. I posted always the same problems in the 2 betaforums but the problems are STILL! in the actual game.

I can only speak for mappers but the real problem is you fix this game for players and not for mappers... the editor itself is really frustrating to handle.

So i dont see any reason for this betatest. You fix bugs but a keypoint of trackmania (the editor) is not worth to change? :/

i would give you feedback too but i know it will be unheared
Not to rain on your parade, Zenit, because I totally understand your problems and sympathize with them, but simply speaking priority-wise, if the gameplay is nonfunctional, then a perfectly polished map editor will not do much, will it? I'm quite sure that they're working as hard as they can to address the bugs they feel are most important, and working their way out from there. But no game can ever be released fully-polished for the sheer number of PCs there are out there...you can't test every configuration or every rig. Just as an elucidation of this on a smaller scale: On the iOS, something that you would think would have unified hardware, I (and other users) of games such as Machines at War 3, or Land, Sea, Air Warfare will come across bugs that the dev didn't catch, because he was running the latest iPad 3, and we (or at least I) have an iPad 2 and the game wasn't built for that. But he's doing his best to release constant streams of bugfixes, but as I'm sure you're aware, oftentimes when you fix one subroutine, the second that it led to is now glitching out, so while answering one question, you've created two more, so to speak.

I guess I say all that to say this: It's a process, I'm sure they're working on it, and do *not* feel discouraged because you think your concerns aren't being addressed at the moment. I've spoken personally with Hylis on a number of occasions, and his chief wish is to create the best game that he and Nadeo can, and that is good for the players, for without the players, he and his team would just be making games to sell to--who? It's us that make the game great, and he knows this, trust me! :mrgreen: :thumbsup:
WIP

rzn

Post by rzn » 14 Mar 2014, 20:43

I'm pretty sure I can be helpful with action maker.
My YouTube

Video editor at COREPLAY.Tt

purification

Post by purification » 14 Mar 2014, 21:08

rzn wrote:action maker.
Everytime I'm spending on the forum, I'm seeing this word. Gonna drive me crazy :roflol:
YouTube
i5-4690K@4Ghz - 16Gb RAM - GTX 1070 8GB
i5-6200U@2.3Ghz - 12Gb RAM - GTX 950 4GB
Both Windows 10 Home 64bits

rzn

Post by rzn » 14 Mar 2014, 22:22

purification wrote:
Everytime I'm spending on the forum, I'm seeing this word. Gonna drive me crazy :roflol:
Ever since I saw the video of them presenting it I'm going nuts
My YouTube

Video editor at COREPLAY.Tt

novationx

Post by novationx » 19 Mar 2014, 01:00

STOP! BETA TIME
tututututuutu
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Boo425

Post by Boo425 » 19 Mar 2014, 04:26

rzn wrote:
purification wrote:
Ever since I saw the video of them presenting it I'm going nuts
Everytime you visit the forum you'll see something about the actionamaker or the upcoming closed beta.

Also... QUOTECEPTION!!! :twisted:
Crashing happily since 2009.

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 19 Mar 2014, 09:14

Our goal is to start the closed beta on Monday or Tuesday. Once it's done, I expect to be capable to welcome more players around two weeks after. It will depend on the first wave of reports.

Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 » 19 Mar 2014, 09:22

Hylis wrote:Our goal is to start the closed beta on Monday or Tuesday. Once it's done, I expect to be capable to welcome more players around two weeks after. It will depend on the first wave of reports.
Really hoped it would be this week, but thanks for clarification, Florent =)
Check out my Personal Twitter account!

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 19 Mar 2014, 09:42

I was hoping as well, but we took more time to make more things. Some choices are easier to do once you have the version ready. The setup is done, but we are somehow doing a first phase internally, on choices that are better done before than after release. For example, we we had to fix a "save in the cloud" compatibilty issue between beta testers and normal version since it was not previously designed to run both at the same time. We also further improved the net protocole to reduce the shootmania bandwith usage. Even if you can make it during a beta, it's better to start with it, or it can become source of many difficult reports to estimate after. Mapping is also something you have to be careful in order to avoid to lose the maps during the beta. Or textures, since it requires big download after. etc.

And of course, when you have more time, you always want to do more, or better. And we are doing that as well, I must admit. In fact, more and more people express internally their feeling and wishes on the version once they are seeing it more and more. It's easier because you see the complete stuff and don't think that things will be anyway different later. So, I try also to take that into account. This is a time where you see how much the team want to have a great game and system for the players.

Now, most topic are given to devs, it's only a matter for them to finish. And most required research of thinking is done on each topic, so I expect less surprise in the planning.

Return to “Maniaplanet”